Job Title: Advance Practice Registered Nurse
Location: Salt Lake City, UT.
*******This is a PRN Position*******
Plans and provides physical and psychiatric assessments, care and treatment to residents under the direction of a physician to facilitate timely assessment, monitoring and the assurance of quality care; functions as a team member. Participates in the support of indirect patient care through varied functions including clerical functions, performance improvement and educational activities; supports customer service and community relations activities.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
Provides professional therapeutic services to residents:
1. Completes psychiatric evaluation on new admissions
2. Completes physical exams with H&P
3. Orders and reviews appropriate consults
4. Writes medication and treatment orders after review and in collaboration with treating physician, based upon knowledge of developmental characteristics and illness/health needs of adolescents
5. Monitors lab values
6. Provides age-appropriate education to residents and healthcare treatment team
7. Assesses changes in condition and behavior, and orders interventions as appropriate
8. Assesses the individual and the milieu for potential crises; responds appropriately to physical, psychological and environmental crises in order to maintain safety
9. Manages medical care for those whose medical interventions fall within the scope of designated practice
10. Performs direct care utilizing Standard Precautions in order to maintain safety and infection control
11. Anticipates potential problems and problem solves issues in a proactive manner
12. Collaborates with pediatricians and other care providers as needed
13. "Takes call" on a rotating basis as needed or assigned.
14. Safeguards the confidentiality of patient-related information, documents and work materials
15. Demonstrates responsible use of work time, including punctuality and adequate notice of absences for emergency or illness
16. Follows policies and procedures
17. Instructs staff as needed in adolescent care and needs
Successful candidate will be required to provide own malpractice insurance.
No Visa Candidates Will Be Considered
2+ to 5 years of experience
Minimum Education - Professional
D&M Professional Consulting Services, LLC. - 24 months ago
copy to clipboard