Ellucian, the new company formed by the combination of Datatel and SunGard Higher Education, helps education institutions thrive in a dynamic world. We deliver a broad portfolio of technology solutions, developed in collaboration with a global education community, and provide strategic guidance to help education institutions of all kinds navigate change, achieve greater transparency, and drive efficiencies. More than 2,300 institutions in 40 countries around the world look to Ellucian for the ideas and insights that will move education forward, helping people everywhere discover their futures through learning. Visit us at ellucian.com.
Is there really a formula for happiness? We think so: Happiness = Ellucian
Creating solutions for Higher Education is our business and we do it well. The key reason why our company is successful is our employees. We learned a long time ago that happy employees are the most productive. Simply put, we are passionate about our employees and their success.
So, what makes you happy? Do you like being a part of a high energy team that likes helping others? Do you thrive on working in a fast paced environment? Our expectations are high, and we work hard – and we have a lot of fun in the process. It doesn’t hurt that we have amazing benefits too! We offer 3 weeks of vacation, free coffee, employee events, and medical benefits that start on your first day - and that’s just the beginning. Come join us as an Advance Technical Consultant
You will add value by:
- Working with the client and other professional service team members to deliver technical consulting services for the Advance Suite of products in the areas of installation, data conversion, product configuration, reporting, business intelligence, application integration, and custom programming needs in support of our client’s advancement/fundraising efforts. Duties include but are not limited to task management, analysis and specification of business requirements, design, development, and QA of Ellucian technical solutions and applications.
- Implementating our products and services including Advance, Advance Document Management, 3rd Party integration, Advancement Performance, and SmartCall.
- Being a key member of the client services team and delivering the overall technical solutions requested by the client, including preparing and presenting for client meetings, training sessions, and conferences.
- Participating in operational excellence activities including client care management, practice and development standards improvement, and innovation including the identification and expansion of service offerings.
What we need from you:
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field or equivalent working experience.
- Hands on experience with database programming language Oracle PL/SQL.
- Experience with database reporting applications such as Powerbuilder/InfoMaker, Crystal Reports, and/or Argos.
- Experience with enterprise data warehouse technologies such as Oracle Warehouse Builder.
- Experience with business intelligence analytics applications such as Cognos.
- Knowledge of "best practices" for data warehouse performance testing and tuning Operating system experience (Unix, AIX, Windows, Linux , etc )
- Troubleshooting and performance tuning ETLs
- Experience with implementation and maintenance of complex, comprehensive information management systems.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Detail oriented with strong organizational skills.
- Proven ability to prioritize, manage expectations, provide effective issue resolution and multi-task in a fast paced environment.
- Proven ability to work independently with minimal supervision, as well as be a strong cross-functional team player.
- Experience delivering training and presentations
- Willingness to travel up to 50% for onsite client consultation services.
- Prior experience working with a product life cycle or implementation methodology a plus.
- Experience with working in a professional services/consulting services organization, providing end-to-end solutions throughout the system process life cycle is preferred.
- Experience with Oracle RDBMS administration and Oracle Streams is preferred.
- Experience with Oracle Virtual Private Database is preferred.
- Experience with reporting tools such as Crystal, Argos and MS suite of reporting tools preferred.
- Experience with web application development, HTML, XML, and/or MS .NET development a plus.
- Prior Experience with Ellucian ODS or EDW products a plus.
- Experience with document imaging and management systems a plus.
- Experience with higher education advancement or non-profit fundraising systems a plus.
Ellucian helps education institutions thrive in an open and dynamic world. We deliver a broad portfolio of technology solutions, developed...