This individual will be a member of the Internal Controls team in the Accounting Process Department. Their principle responsibility will be to participate in the annual assessment of the Company’s financial controls as required by Sarbanes Oxley. The individual will also participate in controls and process improvement projects throughout the Company. This position will be based in Houston at Marathon Oil's corporate office.
- Coordinate maintenance of Company’s detailed financial controls and process documentation
- Assist in the assessment of the design effectiveness of Company’s process control framework; provide advice on effective controls
- Assist in annual scoping exercise for 404 assertion process, including risk assessment of significant financial transactions
- Participate in controls and process improvement projects
- Serve as the SOX 404 representative on the systems implementation projects to assist in control design and Segregation of Duties security case design
- Assist with management self-testing process, including providing periodic training to testers and reviewers, MST testing instruction development and MST Quality Assessment
- Develop educational and training materials on 404 process and COSO internal controls framework;
- Liaise with Internal Audit on their testing for operating effectiveness; assist in determination of testing needed for management assertation
- Assist in evaluation of overall effectiveness of control framework as input to management for assertation
- Keep up to date in SEC and PCAOB requirements for 404 assertion process; maintain knowledge in effective business process internal controls
Degree : Bachelors
Major : Accounting, Management Information Systems with heavy Accounting concentration
Computer Proficiencies : Excel, Word, SAP, other financial systems
Certifications : CPA or CIA desirable, Six Sigma greenbelt desirable
Work Experience : Internal controls, internal audit, financial and operational accounting assignments, accounting system support services
Travel : International travel, as required
Apply for this job:
Apply for this job online
If you are a current Marathon employee please use the ERP website to submit referrals.
Email this opportunity to a friend
Marathon Oil - 22 months ago
Based in Houston, Texas, Marathon Oil is an independent exploration and production (E&P) with activity in North America, Europe and...