Jacobs Technology is the advanced technology arm of Jacobs Engineering (NYSE: JEC), one of the largest engineering and technical service companies in the United States. Jacobs has partnered with NASA to support space flight programs for more than 40 years and held the predecessor Engineering and Science Contract (ESC) since 2005. We look forward to continuing that work as the prime contractor for the JSC Engineering, Technology, and Science (JETS) contract along with our eleven teammate companies to provide engineering, scientific and technical contract services at NASA's Johnson Space Center (Houston, TX). JETS provides products and technical services related to human operations in space through development and integration of a broad spectrum of engineering requirements. This includes human spacecraft flight and flight development products, human exploration mission planning for NASA, institution support services, and new technology development. At Jacobs, we believe that people are our greatest asset, and that is why we offer a partnership in which you can grow personally and professionally with the advantages of strong leadership, competitive compensation and rewarding career paths.
Recent developments in advanced modeling and simulation in partnership with NASA has led to a need for a potential Advanced Computational and Applied Mathematics Simulation Architect in Aerosciences Applications. We are actively searching for qualified interested candidates for this potential position.
The Advanced Computational and Applied Mathematics Simulation Architect will:
- Design, implement, improve, and steward advanced simulation capabilities for Applied Aerosciences and related disciplines.
- In conjunction with application domain experts, implement advanced numerical algorithms for simulating complex applications such as coupled fluid flow/heat transfer, coupled fluid flow/structural response, aeroacoustics, and Lagrangian particle methods (direct simulation Monte-Carlo, Smoothed-Particle Hydrodynamics) in application codes suitable for engineering design and analysis.
- Lead internal and external integration support and training for such tools, including performance analysis and tuning.
- Implement rigorous, modern software engineering practices such as:
- Revision control & modern software build systems.
- Unit and regression testing with continuous integration.
- Support verification and validation of such simulation tools.
- Stay abreast of the rapid changes in the field of computational and applied mathematics to help infuse emerging technologies into our products.
- Perform other duties as required.
Required Qualifications and Skills:
Preferred Qualification and Skills:
- BS degree in a computer or system science discipline from an accredited college or university and ten (10) years of progressive, relevant experience, or an MS degree in a computer or system science discipline and eight (8) years of progressive experience, or a Ph.D. degree in a computer or system science discipline and four (4) years of progressive experience. Requires demonstrated technical expertise in engineering systems design and analysis.
- Fluent in the typical tools of modern high performance computing: C/C++, Fortran, the Message Passing Interface MPI standard, scripting languages, open source software configuration management (SCM) tools, and high performance numerical libraries.
- Experience with discretization techniques for partial differential equations, especially the finite element method, but also finite difference, finite volume, and spectral techniques.
- Experience with verification and validation in computational engineering and science.
- Excellent written & oral communication skills, with the ability collaborate on proposals for external funding opportunities.
- The ability to lead software development activities in a multidisciplinary team environment.
Why Work for JETS
- PhD in Engineering, Applied Mathematics, or Computer Science from an accredited college or university.
- Familiarity with the basic physical models governing the behavior of continuum fluid flow, high temperature chemical reaction models, and solid mechanics.
- Multithreading and emerging co-processor hardware acceleration techniques.
- Experience with the libMesh finite element library.
- Demonstrated proficiency based on previous development of an application code in one or more of the targeted areas of interest.
Don’t miss out on this great opportunity; for immediate consideration, apply now! (www.wehavespaceforyou.com).
- Opportunities for growth and advancement
- Comprehensive Medical Coverage (medical, dental, vision)
- 401(k) Benefits
- Employee Stock Purchase
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Much, much more!
- Must be a U.S. Citizen and successfully complete a U.S. government background investigation.
- Management has the prerogative to select at any level for which this position has been advertised.
Work may involve sitting for extended periods. May require lifting and carrying up to 25 lbs. Must have sufficient mobility to enter areas of test facilities where necessary.
Generally an office environment, but can involve inside or outside work depending on task.
Equipment and Machines:
Standard office equipment (PC, telephone, fax, etc.).
Regular attendance in accordance with established work schedule is critical. Ability to work outside normal schedule and adjust schedule to meet peak periods and surge requirements when required.
Other Essential Functions:
Must be able to work in a team atmosphere. Must put forward a professional behavior that enhances productivity and promotes teamwork and cooperation. Grooming and dress must be appropriate for the position and must not impose a safety risk/hazard to the employee or others.
To the best of my knowledge, I meet the requirements to successfully complete a U.S. government background investigation.
Jacobs, with annual revenues of nearly $13 billion, is one of the world's largest and most diverse providers of technical, professional, and...