Under the direction of the QVI Vice President of Global Supply Chain, is responsible for leadership of the QVI Advanced Machining Center.
- Works with QVI leadership to define short & long term advanced machining requirements and capabilities.
- Leads day-to-day center operations for R&D, proto-type, pre-production and production requirements. Accumulates, analyzes and acts on operation load, manpower requirements and various other data.
- Responsible development, maintenance, reporting and continuous improvement of performance metrics (quality, labor efficiency, scrap reduction, process capability, cycle-time, set-up time, operating expense, etc.).
- Effectively plans all practices of advanced manufacturing by researching tools, processes, machines and equipment, and integrates facilities and systems to meet the goal of producing quality product and continuously developing manufacturing process improvements both for internal and external (supplier) machining operations.
- Leads definition, justification, management approval and execution of capital improvements for the QVI Advanced Machining Center.
Communicates to subordinate staff, departmental objectives in clear and concise terms. Develops and leads machinist recruitment, training and development. Leads departmental ISO requirements.
- Works with Engineering and Sales to translate conceptual product designs into functional operating processes using machines, equipment, and human resources.
- Adapts to modified or changing schedule within required time frames.
- Maintains competitive performance for internal operations and provides technical support to QVI’s key outside vendors through efficient use of technology, machines and human resources.
- Must be able to lead the machine shop to "World Class Standards".
15-20 years of concentrated work experience in either a production machine shop or model shop environment, with apprenticeship or equivalent training. Direct supervision experience or responsibilities of at least 15 individuals.
Must also demonstrate:
Reports to: VP Global Supply Chain
- Proficiency in the operation of CNC and manual machine tools that have part requirements of very close tolerances - typical /- .0001 inch.
Proficiency in CADCAM workflows.
- Knowledge of manufacturing control/ERP systems. Syteline preferred.
- Excellent leadership skills through lead-by-example techniques.
- Good analytical skills for identifying problem areas and creative ways to resolve these problems.
- Establish production standards and resolve complex problems. Experience in an ISO environment
- PC Experience working with programs such as: Excel, Word and Visio are required.
- “Can do” attitude and ability to motivate others
Other duties as required
Quality Vision International Inc - 13 months ago