Advanced Practice Provider Cardiac Operating Room First Assistant
The East Carolina Heart Institute at Vidant Medical Center and Vidant Medical Group are seeking a Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant to work as a cardiac surgery first assist.
Successful candidates must be proficient in endoscopic vein harvesting.
Vidant Medical Center, one of four academic centers in NC, is the flagship hospital for Vidant Health and serves as the teaching hospital for the Brody School of Medicine at East Carolina University. Vidant Medical Center is a fully accredited JCAHO hospital and is an 900+-bed tertiary referral center, providing acute, intermediate, rehabilitation and outpatient health services to more than 1.5 million people in 29 counties.
- 100% OR floor time available if desired
- Work with a team of 9 Cardiac Surgeons and 4 First Assist
- New state-of-the-art 6-story heart hospital with the largest operating rooms in the country
- Established program that averages 1100 pump cases per year
- Competitive salary, benefits and relocation
- Annual Stipend
- Relocation Assistance
- Malpractice (with tail)
- Board of Nursing approved Nurse Practitioner Program or Physician Assistant program.
- NC RN licensure & NC Nurse Practitioner or as a Physician Assistant; National Board Certification as an NP/PA required.
- More than 2 years experience in a health care setting.
- May substitute NP/PA with no previous experience as NP/PA if they have clinical experience in an acute care setting with direct patient care for a minimal of 2 years.
An ideal town for families, Greenville is located in the heart of North Carolina’s coastal plain. We’re just a short drive from the famous Outer Banks and Crystal Coast beaches, the Blue Ridge Mountains and attractions in the Triangle area (Raleigh, Durham and Chapel Hill). Greenville was recently named Sportstown USA by Sports Illustrated Magazine. Greenville’s housing is affordable, the people are friendly and the schools are great. The area economy is diversified and includes a major university and a community college, a regional medical center, and a growing manufacturing sector. We also offer museums, art galleries, and live theater, along with exceptional restaurants to satisfy any taste and many affordable and challenging golf courses.
For additional information, please contact Amanda Anderson, Physician Recruiter:
Tel: (252) 847-9029
Vidant Medical Center - 14 months ago