Suddenlink is expanding our engineering department and we are looking new members for our Corporate Engineering team.
Cable television technology has advanced significantly in recent years, and with that advancement comes new and interesting engineering challenges. As a member of the Suddenlink Corporate Engineering team, you will contribute to the delivery of streaming video, video on demand, high definition TV, and other interactive services.
Video engineers at Suddenlink work with a large array of equipment, such as video encoders, high-capacity routers and switches, and fault-tolerant application servers.
A good candidate will have:
* Strong and general technical skills - the ability to be able to pick up and learn a new technology, interface, or programming language quickly and independently.
* Scientific and rigorous troubleshooting skills - the ability to precisely identify problems and solutions on-the-fly.
* Technical writing and documentation skills - the ability to analyze and document electronic and network systems.
* Develop and deploy technology solutions, including architecture, design, deployment, and operational management, related to the delivery of digital video services
* Bachelor of Science degree in a technology discipline, such as Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or Computer Science
* A good working knowledge of a variety of technologies:
** Experience with video processing equipment is a plus
** Experience with networking equipment is a plus, as is knowledge of IP multicast
** Experience with Unix and Linux is a plus, especially shell scripting
** Experience with programming is a plus, especially SQL, Python, or Visual Basic
* Strong mathematical and analytical skills, and proficiency with Microsoft Excel
* Strong technical writing skills, and proficiency with CAD tools like AutoDesk AutoCAD or Microsoft Visio
* Past experience in cable television / telecommunications sector is a plus
Suddenlink Communications offers all employees and applicants for employment equal opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, gender, pregnancy, physical or mental disability, veteran status, sexual orientation or other protected group status.
Cequel Communications, which operates through subsidiary Suddenlink, provides cable TV, high-speed Internet access, and phone...