This position provides intra-operative/procedural teamwork with physicians, nurses, assistants and housekeepers in the Surgical Services Department.
The information above is for summary purposes, and is not intended to be a comprehensive list of essential functions.
- Serves as a role model of excellent customer service by responding with courtesy and respect to the needs of all those he/she interacts with on a daily basis.
- Exhibits flexibility and adaptability to move from department to department as needed and/or directed to meet the patient/staffing needs of departments.
- Demonstrates behaviors consistent with organizational mission and goals.
- Follows all applicable hospital policies and procedures
- Participates in facility Quality Improvement/IOP Program
- Follows policies and procedures for infection control and facility safety in accordance with regulatory guidelines.
- Follows "Patients Rights Policy" at all times.
- Establishes priorities in organizing intra-operative/procedural care based on case type and needs of the patient and health care team.
- Implements physician preference cards based on case type.
- Aids Physician during treatment and examination of patient during surgical and endoscopy procedures.
- Demonstrates operational knowledge of equipment, supplies and instrumentation in the operating rooms, sterile processing, and endoscopy suites.
- When not moving to another case, demonstrates ability to assist other team members in room turnover according to AST guidelines excluding terminal cleaning.
- Decontaminates all surgical and clinical instrumentation equipment and patient care items as directed.
- Inspects, assembles, packages, sterilizes, stores, distributes and monitors instrumentation, equipment and patient care items according to current regulatory standards, manufactures’ recommendations and departmental protocol.
- Acts as resource liaison between Sterile Processing and Surgery.
- Accurately monitors and records all statutory documents in accordance with current regulatory standards.
- Assists with inventory, ordering, and stocking of OR supplies
- Assists with transporting or assisting patients to and from OR
- Maintains awareness of comfort and safety needs of the patient.
- Demonstrates knowledge of information management as appropriate.
- Completes annual position specific competencies in timely manner.
- Interacts capably with all other departments to provide the highest level of customer service.
Education and/or Experience
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
- Successful completion of an accredited Surgical Technology Training Program
- One year Surgical Tech experience preferred
- Certified Surgical Technologist Certification
- Current BLS Certification
Sisters of Charity of Leavenworth Health System - 11 months ago