The University of Massachusetts Foundation is seeking a talented and motivated IT professional to provide administrative and technical support for end users of the Ellucian Advance product, which is the current database of record for advancement at the University. This position will investigate, document and assess software problems reported by end users of Advance, where appropriate assist the users in the resolution of their issues, and under the direction of technical staff assist with the building of new queries and/or end user reports. Experience or education with PL/SQL and Crystal preferred. Experience with Ellucian Advance or similar advancement database product a plus. Products supported also include other third party applications/systems that make up the technical infrastructure, as well as data warehousing and business intelligence tools. This position may be required to travel on occasion to UMass campuses around the state, or to the President’s Office location in Boston, MA.
- Answers, evaluates, and prioritizes incoming telephone, voice mail, e-mail, and in-person requests for assistance from users experiencing problems with Advance and other related 3rd party software, systems, or reports. Interviews end users to collect information about problems and leads end users through diagnostic procedures to determine source of error. Attempts to determine how the problem was caused.
- Handles problem recognition, research, isolation, resolution and follow-up of Advance end user issues. Also works with Advancement Systems technical staff to identify and solve ongoing issues as appropriate.
- Logs and tracks calls using problem management database, and maintains history records and related problem documentation. Prepares standard statistical reports such as help desk incident reports.
- Participates in weekly meetings with defined site staff to ensure all necessary support documentation is up to date and accurate.
- Assists end users and the Advancement Systems team with troubleshooting queries and creating simple reports.
- At the direction of the technical staff, participates in the building of new queries and/or end user reports based on detailed specifications created by other members of the Advancement Systems team.
- Associates Degree or equivalent, or two to three years related experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of experience and training
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Experience or education with SQL Queries and Crystal Reports
- Experience with Ellucian Advance product, or similar advancement database product, a plus
- Experience with advancement business processes, preferably in a higher education setting, a plus
- Experience or education working with a product life cycle or implementation methodology a plus
Starting salary for this position will be commensurate with candidate’s experience. No relocation assistance available.
Schedule: Mon-Fri 8:30 – 5:00, with reasonable on call and off hours support as needed to support essential functions.
The University of Massachusetts System is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please submit the following documents by clicking on the APPLY NOW button.
• Letter of Application
Note: After submitting your resume/CV, the subsequent page gives you instructions that enable you to upload your cover letter and any additional documents you wish to send.
See the FAQ for using our online system. Please contact us if you need assistance applying through this website.
Returning Applicants - Login to your UMass System Office Careers Account to check your completed application.
University of Massachusetts - 12 months ago