This position provides support to the University Advancement team in the writing and production of fundraising materials and the research of corporate and foundation funding as a member of a team of University Advancement professionals. This position reports to the Director of Advancement Services.
- Collaborate with other members of the University Advancement division to create fundraising project summaries, funding proposals, and other written materials for internal and external audiences.
- Serve as project manager, editor, and/or principal writer for a wide variety of print and electronic projects, including funding proposals; capital campaign-related promotional materials; monthly stewardship emails for leadership donors; annual stewardship reports; and project summaries for a diverse array of fundraising goals.
- Prepare profiles, briefing reports and regular reports on donors, potential donors and other constituents including students.
- Prepare President’s gift acknowledgement correspondence.
- Assist with writing annual appeals.
- Update division’s “internal” web pages regularly.
- Assist with the accurate entry of prospect data into the division’s database.
- Prepare other types of written material including letters of inquiry, brochures and flyers, direct mail pieces, invitations, web site content, and event scripts.
- Other related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree.
- Minimum of two years of professional experience in fundraising/grant, business or technical writing, communications, media relations, or related field. Experience working in higher education preferred.
- Knowledge of standard concepts, practices and procedures related to the position, including: expertise in use of English grammar, punctuation, and syntax; familiarity with appropriate business software applications; use of best practices in proposal development; ability to conduct research; understanding of branding and positioning strategies for the institution and for specific projects; ability to "ghost write" for various University administrators, staff, and volunteers; ability to learn subject-specific terminology for use in developing written materials; knowledge of when and how to use various channels of communication.
- Awareness of fundraising principles.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint required. Knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite, iMovie, and basic html preferred.
- Strong project management skills. Ability to meet deadlines while maintaining good relations with colleagues.
- Ability to quickly and effectively gather information by means of interviews, database research, etc.
- Ability to work both collaboratively and independently.
- Commitment to the highest standards of customer service and professionalism.
- Successful completion of an employment and/or criminal history background check required.
St. Edward's University - 21 months ago