Posting Job Title: Advertising Account Executive
Requisition #: 146140BR
Posting Location: Rochester, NY, US
Area of Interest: Ad Sales
Position Type: Full Time
Posting Job Description
Time Warner Cable Media currently seeks an Account Executive for our Sales Department. Below please find a brief description of the essential duties and responsibilities required to function successfully in this position.
Essential Job Functions:
Essential Job Competencies:
- Maintain customer satisfaction and accountability through consultative selling
- Engage in all stages of the sales cycle, from prospecting to developing customer rapport, closing business and servicing accounts
- Expand sales footprint with existing and new accounts by introducing new products and services
- Complete appropriate sales activity reports and forecasts as required
- Responsible for meeting and exceeding weekly, monthly and quarterly sales activity with focus on solution based selling and digital product inclusion
- Maintains price and product integrity to ensure maximum company profitability
- Initiate and devise client solutions and proposal ensuing realistic deliverables and profitability
- Meet with key decision makers and develop advertising programs that target client specific needs
- Prepare and deliver sales presentations to new and existing customers to drive new business as well as protect and increase existing advertising
- Understands how digital inventory is transacted
- Knows how digital platforms work together
- Deep market knowledge of online and digital marketplace:
o Competitive Landscape
- Ability to explain complex digital media features in simple terms
- Deep passion for emerging consumer habits and where consumers are moving/looking to meet their advertising and information needs.
- Understand and has knowledge of how businesses consume and use social media.
- Ability to accept and drive innovative advanced advertising/digital advertising solutions
- Demonstrated comfort engaging with and selling first generation products
- Able to generate enthusiasm around TWCM digital solutions
- Continuously works to stay current and expand market knowledge of advertising opportunities among digital platforms & emerging products
- Demonstrates an understanding of how digital is influencing and changing traditional methods of marketing
- Knowledge of and ability to apply online digital advertising and identify optimal product mix to meet customer needs.
- Understands consumer research. Able to analyze, synthesize and communicate it to the client.
- Understanding of the competition in the marketplace
Understands and demonstrates subject expertise in these digital products and strategies:
- Understands how advertisers use digital products and strategies to accomplish client business goals
o Search Engine Optimization
o Social Network Marketing
o Mobile Marketing
o Emerging Digital Media
o Online Advertising: Display, Rich Media, and Video
o Location Based Technologies
o Interactive Television
Education and Experience Requirements:
Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year College or university; or 4-6 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. A minimum of 2-4 years experience in local broadcast, cable, on-line or print media sales with experience in digital media preferred. Excellent communication, interpersonal, motivational and organizational skills required and ability to work independently and in a team environment. Must be computer proficient in Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. Knowledge of advertising sales software preferred.
FCC Unit_TWC: ADNE
Controlling Establishment ID: 00130 - Rochester Mount Hope Ave
More on TWC:
Time Warner Cable provides generous benefits. Health care and retirement benefits are significant portions of the total compensation package at TWC, and we invest more in those benefits than most employers. In addition, we offer tuition reimbursement, adoption assistance, competitive paid-time-off programs, work-life resources, and discounted pricing on TWC residential products and services for employees within our footprint. Our hope is that, by providing our employees with rich and flexible benefits, we can help them take care of the people who matter most – at work and at home.
Time Warner Cable is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V.
Time Warner Cable (TWC) makes coaxial quiver. The company is the #2 US cable company, after Comcast, with operations in 28 states. Its core...