Fort Collins Coloradoan (Fort Collins, CO) , is seeking an experienced, innovative, and results-oriented Advertising Director. The ideal candidate must have a keen understanding of both print and digital advertising platforms, at least 5 years’ experience in higher-level advertising and leadership roles with a proven track record for results. The Advertising Director must be able to create and lead the Coloradoan’s sales strategy to uncover and develop market opportunities for revenue, through acquisition, retention and consultative selling concepts across multiple platforms. A strong understanding of audience based selling is critical. Experience in developing and executing strategies across multiple platforms including the core newspaper, niche publications and increasing emphasis on digital advertising and services is vital. The ability to quickly assess situations, create innovative strategic plans, establish superior partnerships and relationships with peers, business leaders, and key regional and local clients are essential. Training, recruiting and development of an energetic, inspired, and committed world-class sales and marketing organization is a must. Candidate must be able to inspire others internally and externally about the aggressive transformation of our business to a multi-media communications company. Position reports to the President and Publisher.
- Serves as the primary Advertising & Marketing Executive.
- Directs all print, digital, and mobile advertising sales functions.
- Analyzes marketplace and competition to determine the most effective pricing and sales strategies for increasing advertising revenue across multiple platforms.
- Develops creative strategies to maximize sales resources and optimize revenue development, including multi-platform product positioning and pricing for clients of all sizes.
- Works with key advertisers, which includes a large base of local and locally controlled small businesses, to develop successful relationships; makes sales calls; and attends community and client events to further build customer partnerships and market growth.
- Recruits, motivates and develops energetic, creative and committed sales staff.
- Maintains open communication with all employees to maximize morale and performance.
- Provides ongoing sales training and support to sales and management teams to ensure advertising sales success and development of staff.
- Manages sales organization to insure adoption of world class sales principles.
- Is champion of use of salesforce.com (CRM system) to drive sales activities that are needed to meet Company revenue goals.
- Works effectively with the President and Publisher, the local Operating Committee and Corporate Advertising and Marketing to develop and implement new or expanded products and sales programs to achieve the audience and revenue targets identified through the planning process.
- Possesses keen financial skills to prepare and implement the department’s operating budget, revenue and expense plans.
- Bachelor’s degree in advertising or marketing preferred.
- Qualified candidates will have 5 years of experience in developing and managing a results-oriented advertising sales organization and will have strong sales and marketing skills.
- Candidate will have demonstrated strong leadership abilities and excellent strategic planning, analytical, financial, sales management and communication skills.
Gannett - 13 months ago
Gannett satisfies news junkies with a stash of daily US papers. The company is the top newspaper publisher in the US with about 80 daily...