Objective: Develops and directs market research activities throughout The New Tribune, The Olympian and weekly newspapers in the South Sound region. Advances market research objectives to help the organization meet its strategic goals.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Develops multimedia presentations and sales fliers using relevant research data for The News Tribune, The Olympian, The Peninsula Gateway, The Puyallup Herald and The NW Guardian sections and special programs. Works closely with graphic artists for design work.
- Compiles, analyzes, translates, and presents research information to internal News Tribune and Olympian sales groups, major accounts (National and Retail), agencies, local business and other organizations. Updates subscriber and nonsubscriber quarterly reports.
- Designs various market research surveys (both quantitative and qualitative), directs their implementation, analyzes results, and prepares reports. Methods include telephone, mail and focus groups.
- Bachelor's degree from four-year college or university; or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
The ideal candidate will also have:
Candidates with the above qualifications should submit a resume to: [Click Here to Email Your Resumé]
- Strong analytical and presentation building skills.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret research data.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
- Outstanding attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Self starter, highly motivated to excel with minimal supervision.
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
- Skilled in using Windows based operating systems.
The McClatchy Company - 2 years ago