1. Process orders using advertising billing system. Administer advertising invoices. Secure, troubleshoot and traffic ad materials, and key in display advertisements. Seek copy approval from editorial office. Follow up on late or problematic orders and materials.
2. Prepare ad ledger, provide pick-up information and new materials to Issue Manager or Ad Specialist prior to layout.
3. Review and approve impositions and page proofs (blues) with IM/Ad Specialist.
4. Prepare order reports for invoicing.
5. Coordinate with internal departments such as manufacturing and production, acquisitions, accounts receivable, as well as clients, sales reps, editorial offices, printers, and ad agencies.
Operate office and computer equipment, and provide team coverage.
1. Provide effective telephone coverage for the department. Telephone follow-up to prospects and inquiries, and forward sales leads to sales rep.
2. Coordinate with sales rep who generates sales at closing on assigned journals and/or accounts and obtain copy/orders by deadline.
3. Assists advertising sales department in generating ad sales and performing any organizational functions to achieve budget.
Perform other duties as assigned.
Elsevier is the world's leading provider of scientific, technical and medical (STM) information, tools and resources. A global company based in Amsterdam, Elsevier partners with scientists, researchers, healthcare providers, educators and decision-makers in academic institutions, governments and corporations to help them find, evaluate and use information. Our breadth of content is unparalleled, spanning virtually every STM field in the world and includes such distinguished brands as Gray's Anatomy, The Lancet and Cell. Using innovative technology, we deliver our content through tools that help our customers be more productive and successful in their work. ScienceDirect delivers the worlds' leading journals electronically to over 11 million readers in 200 countries. And physicians in 95 percent of teaching hospitals rely on MD Consult to get critical information that can save lives. Elsevier employs over 7,000 people in more than 70 offices worldwide. We are an employer of choice, attracting and developing talented and creative people who thrive in a challenging and fast-paced environment. We offer an excellent compensation and benefits package as well as a real opportunity for career growth in a growing organization. Elsevier is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer.
Good telephone manner, sales and deadline orientation, excellent oral and written communications skills, excellent numerical skills, organizational skills, attention to detail, production knowledge helpful. Must handle multiple tasks simultaneously. General computer skills (including Word, Excel, typing 50 wpm).
High school diploma or equivalent required, college graduate preferred. One to three years advertising, sales and/or publishing experience.
Apr 25, 2013, 6:48:51 PM
Elsevier - 14 months ago
Finding legal, business, or scientific information is a cinch thanks to Reed Elsevier Group. The company's LexisNexis brand offers...