Connected KC is currently seeking an Outside Advertising Sales Representative to sell advertising and marketing services to businesses in the Kansas City metro area.
This is a full time Outside Sales Representative position, responsible for the following duties:
- Work from a list of customer leads to promote and sell new advertising program
- Educate new customers on our advertising process , the benefits to Connected, and get commitment for participation
- Learn the ins and outs of all paperwork needed to facilitate new sales and changes in current accounts. Also become familiar with CIS system used in everyday business applications and develop proposals and reports to management
- Compile lists of prospective customers for use as sales leads based on information from newspapers, business directories, industry ads, trade shows, internet web sites, and other source
- Travel throughout assigned territory to call on regular and prospective customers to solicit orders, or talks with customers on sales floor or by phone
- Display or demonstrate products, benefits, and displays appropriate sales mentality for success
- Quote prices and credit terms and prepares sales contracts for orders obtained
- Attend trade shows and events
- Investigate and resolve customer problems
- Develops and maintain relationships with purchasing contacts
- Enter new customer data and other sales data for current customers into computer database
- Work with inside sales representatives to keep account activities and literature up to date
- Prepare reports of business transactions and keeps expense accounts.
Qualified candidates must meet the following requirements:
- 3-5 years previous outbound sales experience, advertising experience preferred
- High attention to detail and accuracy
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently, but also a team player
- Microsoft 2003-2007 experience
- The ability to multi-task in a changing, fast-paced and dynamic environment coupled with the ability to be a self starter and work on many projects at once
- All employees MUST assist in the safe operation of the company, including drivers, helpers, shop employees and all management staff
Associate’s Degree or equivalent from two-year college in Business, Communications, Advertising, Marketing or related area of study. Bachelor’s Degree preferred
The work environment is an office setting and a shop setting; phones ringing, people meeting, employees checking in and out.
The physical demands are the ability to lift 20 lbs for filing, sitting for long periods of time, speaking on the phone, using fingers for writing and typing.
Deffenbaugh Industries, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer providing a drug/alcohol free work environment
Deffenbaugh Industries - 19 months ago