Position is responsible for contacting business customers on their premises for the sale and reprint of advertising across web, mobile, and print platforms. Prepare account analysis; conduct customer needs assessment, and preparation of professional sales recommendations that meet each customer's specific needs.
As a multi-billion dollar local search, media and advertising company, YP brings together one of the industry's most successful digital companies, the largest local ad network and a cross-country sales presence of thousands of media consultants, as it expands its leadership in the mobile local ad market. The company was recently named among the top 50 digital media companies in the world.
With a bright future in front of us, we are actively seeking talented and motivated sales professionals to sell our media and advertising solutions.
Compensation & Benefits:
- Prospecting new businesses and existing clients face-to–face, representing YP for the purpose of selling print and digital products to local business customers.
- Meeting aggressive sales objectives and productivity requirements including new customer acquisition and customer retention.
- Consulting with businesses to obtain pertinent information about the business itself, potential markets, problems faced in doing business, current advertising and results from it. Discusses role of digital and print advertising in attracting new customers and retaining clientele.
- Scheduling, organizing and prioritizing work to meet customer and directory deadline scheduling demands promptly, accurately and efficiently.
- Preparing advertising layouts and background information, as a basis for recommending advertising programs and internet listing arrangements to meet the needs of each business.
- Preparing sample visuals and value proving background information, as basis for recommending advertising programs customized to meet the needs of each business.
- Accurately preparing forms, and letters, handling detailed paperwork and executing contracts for billing. Preparing necessary paperwork for publishing and billing the advertisement.
- Handling an aggressive work schedule of daily sales contacts - ability to prioritize and organize work is critical.
- Art layout and copy development
- Coordinate handoffs with fulfillment groups
We provide proven sales consultants with state-of-the-art training, leads with great growth potential, a great work environment and a comprehensive benefits package including:
- Base salary + commissions = no earnings cap
- Fully paid sales training
- Company provided laptop and iPad
- Car and Mobile phone allowance
- Medical, Dental and Vision coverage
- 401k plan w/ company match
- Paid time off and holidays
- Award trips
- Opportunities for advancement
- Account Management with commitment to develop new business
- One or more years of proven sales experience or related business degree
- Hunter Mentality – Cold calling/prospecting experience
- Excellent Communication Skills
- Negotiation Skills
- Presentation Skills
- Organizational Skills
- Technical/Internet Proficiency
- Positive Attitude
- Attention to detail
- Customer focused
- Achievement oriented
- Though generally day hours, M-F, the nature of the business sometimes requires that they be contacted after normal business hours (evenings) or on Saturdays.
- Personal auto used for business, liability and property damage insurance coverage
- Valid state driver’s license and satisfactory driving record
- Must be able to travel for extended periods (i.e.: > 50% of the time)
- Satisfactory completion of background investigation is required.
- Advertising Sales Experience, Intangible Sales Experience
- Knowledge of Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook and IPAD applications such as GoodReader and Keynote
- Internet Knowledge, SEO/SEM experience preferred
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business or related field
- Leadership skills
We offer competitive salaries, excellent benefits including a matching 401(k), bonuses, and a casual yet high-energy work environment.
- Sales Ability/Prospecting
- Relevant Work Experience
- Formal Presentation Skills
- Planning & Organizing
- Technical Aptitude
- Recognition oriented
YP LLC is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and we are committed to hiring a diverse and talented workforce. EOE/AA/M/F/D/V
Yellow Pages Group is a leading digital company in Canada. The Company serves over 300,000 local businesses through its nationwide sales...