Advertising Specialist, Bilingual - Puerto Rico (Job Number: 011499) |
At Walgreens, we help people get, stay and live well. That’s our core purpose and the difference we make in people’s lives every day. Our purpose has shaped the direction of our company since Charles R. Walgreen Sr. founded his first drugstore in 1901, and it still does today.
Our team members make that purpose come to life in our more than 8,000 stores in all 50 states, the District of Columbia and Puerto Rico, in our call centers, distribution centers, clinics, specialty pharmacies, infusion and respiratory service locations and corporate offices. In fact, those daily demonstrations of our purpose have helped Walgreens become an industry leader and a household name.
Walgreens has something for everyone who wants to build a successful career. Here, you’ll find supportive co-workers, an innovative environment and the tools you need to expand your skills, help build healthy communities and advance your career.
Provides coordination support for the planning, strategy and systemization of purchasing operations. Responsible for producing reports, maintaining data and files, calculations and processing promotional information, and other ad hoc projects as assigned by management. Implements promotional merchandise management functions to ensure timely and accurate preparation of worksheets, reports, communications, and tasks. Coordinates and controls the activities, plans, and programs of the designated areas of responsibility to ensure compliance with Company policies, programs, procedures, budgets, laws, and good business ethics.
- Prepares reports, presentations, documents, etc. based on specific instructions. Reviews presentation materials to ensure accuracy. Distributes information and materials to the staff as required.
- Implements special projects as assigned by Manager, Purchasing - Puerto Rico and Divisional Merchandise Manager- Puerto Rico. Prepares and analyzes reports necessary to demonstrate project performance metrics, project status and other project key performance indicators.
- Communicates with management, facilities personnel, other Company departments, and outside representatives to resolve issues and discrepancies regarding reports, shipping, scheduling, and any other problems or questions that arise.
- Assists in screening telephone calls and redirecting them to the appropriate individuals.
- Conducts research to gather information requested by Puerto Rico Office Managers or vendor(s).
- Creates advertising apology letters and notifies appropriate local agencies of error.
- Coordinates and implements weekly TV specials that are chosen by the Marketing Department.
- Coordinates special events with vendors and Store Operations, based on direction given by
Manager, Purchasing - Puerto Rico and Divisional Merchandise Manager - Puerto Rico.
- Assists in translation of weekly shoppers, catalogs, and other advertisements to verify correctness for Puerto Rico.
- Communicates with Deerfield Advertising Department regarding all changes in advertising pieces (shoppers,
catalogs, etc.), to include copy changes, price changes, etc.
- Tracks ad schedules, checks rotos against ad bulletins, and updates any reports necessary (agendas,
BPWs, etc.) to ensure accuracy.
- Audits own performance and recommends own objectives and standards of performance.
- Responsible for translating company documents such as advertisement versions.
- Maintains an awareness of developments in the purchasing and merchandising fields that relate to
job responsibilities, and integrates them into own practice.
- Provides backup support for Administrative Assistants as requested.
Basic Qualifications & Interests
Preferred Qualifications & Interests
- High School Diploma/GED and at least 1 year experience in an administrative support role.
- Experience utilizing principles and processes for providing customer and personal services, such as customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- Experience using time management skills such as prioritizing/organizing and tracking details and meeting deadlines of multiple projects with varying completion dates.
- Intermediate level skill in Microsoft Word (for example: inserting headers, page breaks, page numbers and tables and/or adjusting table columns).
- Intermediate level skill in Microsoft Excel (for example: using SUM function, setting borders, setting column width, inserting charts, using text wrap, sorting, setting headers and footers and/or print scaling).
- Fluency in Spanish and English.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Experience in marketing and/or purchasing.
Walgreens - 16 months ago
At Walgreens, we help people get, stay and live well. That is our core purpose and the difference we make in people's lives every day. Our...