To coordinate an effective project workflow and deliver timely communications to key stakeholders across the business for all creative projects.
MAJOR AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
1. Acquires the appropriate samples after reviewing all photo and video requests. Coordinates the delivery assembly, and operational readiness of samples with the Merchandising team and manages disposition of samples following development of content.
2. Identifies, tracks and reports all missing, damaged, incorrect or mismanufactured samples to business partners and follows through as instructed.
3. Works closely with the Sr. Art Director and Sr. Packaging Designer in scheduling, overseeing and assigning daily projects and workload distribution throughout the Creative Department.
4. Negotiates and enforces the on-time delivery of completed art projects as well as preparing and issuing proposed and provisional schedules for all creative projects.
5. Maintains deadlines, communicates job details to all parties involved both internally and externally, including vendors.
6. Maintains a master schedule for all projects in the Advertising department. Creates and modifies the schedule, detailing each sequence of work that should be done at a particular time.
7. Runs weekly staffing meetings to assign resources, discuss current project status, make mid-project adjustments, and identify freelancer needs.
8. Enforces the use of appropriate forms and corporate electronic tools to ensure required project components are in place before start.
9. Oversees the regular and timely distribution of finished print ready files to vendor partners and their production facilities.
10. Manages the creation, collection and delivery of photographic images and serves as primary point of contact for photo and video teams on location and in studio.
11. Keeps supervisor informed of important developments, potential problems and related information necessary for effective management. Coordinates/communicates plans and activities with others, as appropriate, to ensure a coordinated work effort and team approach.
12. Performs related work as apparent or assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in logistics, project management, or other related field.
• At least 1 year of experience, preferably in an ad agency or in-house creative environment.
• Proficient with MS Office and Adobe Acrobat and knowledgeable with InDesign and Illustrator.
• Understanding of the print production process.
• Must have the flexibility and ability to manage multiple large projects in a fast-paced, ever-changing, deadline-driven environment through to completion.
• Sense of urgency to ensure projects meet deadlines.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills, as well as strong customer service skills with the ability to effectively use diplomacy in conflict resolution and problem solving matters.
• Project management training or experience with planning tools highly preferred.
• Ability to develop and maintain effective relationships and establish trust in an open, friendly, and collaborative manner with clients, vendors, and peers.
Northern Tool + Equipment is a family business that takes pride in our ability to equip you with the tools to tackle tough challenges. We strive to build lasting relationships and promote a fun and unique Northern experience. For more than 30 years, Northern Tool + Equipment has been the ultimate resource for contractors, automotive shops, grounds maintenance professionals, homeowners and serious do-it-yourselfers. We are a multi-million dollar retail, internet, and catalog powerhouse with strength and stability rivaled only by the exceptional products we sell.
*Northern Tool + Equipment is an equal employment opportunity employer and is a drug-free workplace.