Forrester Research is seeking a uniquely qualified individual for the position of Advisor for its Sourcing & Vendor Management (SVM) Council within the Forrester Leadership Boards. The SVM Council serves select senior executives at $1 billion-plus companies worldwide.
The Advisor is responsible for developing strong relationships and strategic partnerships with these clients, helping them achieve success by drawing on Forrester’s proprietary research, connecting them with an extensive peer network, and designing and delivering best-in-class events that enable dialogue and learning. The Advisor works with the global council manager and his or her fellow advisors to help define the vision and strategy of the SVM Council and collaborates closely with the research organization devoted to senior executives to ensure that members of the group fully utilize our syndicated and council-exclusive research. This role is also responsible for helping to grow the council. To accomplish this goal, you are expected to help our sales representatives identify prospective members and communicate the value proposition to these prospects.
• Create and maintain intimate, trusted relationships with the members of the SVM Council through Member Meetings, in-person visits, and regular phone conversations.
• Develop a deep understanding of your members’ top business challenges, helping them leverage Forrester resources to address these challenges.
• Drive and facilitate peer-to-peer networking to create a self-perpetuating community of best-practice sharing.
• Continuously cultivate and expand your expertise in continuously evolving SVM best practices to enhance your ability to serve as a trusted advisor to your members.
• React quickly and efficiently to inbound member requests by identifying published research, analyst inquiries, or member resources that can serve members’ needs.
• Proactively recommend research, analyst interactions, and peer connections based on knowledge of the members’ challenges and priorities.
• Ensure high member satisfaction rates, and maximize membership renewal rates.
Program management and content creation:
• Execute and coordinate member-exclusive research projects as appropriate.
• Help define and execute a program of events, interactions, and communications that help members of the SVM Council achieve their business goals, including the research agenda, content development and delivery, and program management.
• Build strong connections with the Forrester research team focused on senior SVM Professionals in order to leverage this research within the group.
• Identify and implement networking tools and tactics that align with member goals, whether social, one-on-one, or in person.
• Act as a curator of member-generated and Forrester-syndicated content.
• Effectively implement and expand on best practices of Forrester Leadership Boards program management.
• Help consistently communicate a clear value proposition for the SVM Council to our clients and prospects.
• Act as an internal evangelist for both the SVM Council and the senior executives we serve.
• Provide sales support to the Forrester sales organization.
• Support sales teams in prospecting and selling activities, including frequent participation in proof-of-capability calls with prospective members.
• Be a resource to the sales force on the issues facing senior SVM executives and Forrester’s capabilities in these areas.
Forrester is looking for people who are inspired and inspiring. Our product is our intellectual capital, so we welcome and reward intellectual excellence, curiosity, and sophisticated thinking and look for:
• Minimum of five years of work experience in research, client service, sourcing, procurement, vendor management, or a related field.
• Excellent relationship management skills exemplified by previous client service roles.
• Familiarity with key challenges and opportunities facing Sourcing and Vendor Management professionals.
• Experience with contract negotiations or managing vendors (an asset).
• Understanding of the inner workings of SVM organizations (an asset).
• The ability to create positive impressions with executives through all channels (via phone, in person, and through email).
• Embracing of business ownership and accountability.
• Proven written, verbal, and presentation skills.
• The ability to work effectively with a team in a fast-paced learning environment.
• The ability to travel a minimum of 4 times per year.
• B.A. or B.S. degree with a strong academic record.
Strong candidates are:
• Passionate about service excellence.
• Highly articulate.
Forrester Research is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer; M/F/D/V are especially encouraged to apply.
Forrester Research - 10 months ago
Can't see the tech forest for the trees? Maybe a Forrester ranger can guide you through the technological timber. One of the leading...