Advises individuals and provides guidance services.
• Provide support to Employee Retirement System of Texas ( ERS ) on various requests regarding member coverage.
• Provide guidance to employees who come into the office for assistance with completing of various forms.
• Review and collect data for insurance claims processing.
• Update employee information in regards to, addresses, benefits, and deductions in various systems, including TRS , ERS and Banner.
• Provide back-up reception coverage as necessary.
• Maintain accurate record keeping of actions taken on employee records.
• Compliance with all federal and state laws and TTU policies and procedures.
• Communicate clearly, effectively, and professionally, both verbally and in writing, to all levels of the organization.
• Review and analyze daily reports for discrepancies and changes to employees and/or benefit status.
• All other duties as assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Demonstrated organization and time management skills.
• Personal computer knowledge.
• Ability to work basic office equipment.
• Demonstrated data entry skills with minimal errors.
• Ability to meet deadlines.
• Must have basic math skills, ability to calculate years of service, enrollment dates and retirement amounts.
High school graduation or the equivalent plus five (5) years progressively responsible experience in a related area; additional job related education may exchange for required experience on a year for year basis.
This is a Security Sensitive Level I Position: Applicants for this position will be subject to a criminal background check and may be required to be fingerprinted.
• Customer service skills such as problem solving, listening skills, and multitasking.
• Knowledge of benefits such as medical, dental, and retirement.
• Knowledge of State of Texas benefits, such as Teacher’s Retirement System of Texas ( TRS ) benefits.
Security Level (TTU only)
Does this position work in a research laboratory?
If yes, are select agents used in this laboratory?
Texas Tech University
Job Open Date
Job Close Date
Special Instructions to Applicants
Please provide the following with your application:
• Cover Letter
Sit, hear, speak
Push, pull, lift, carry up to 15 lbs
Hourly Pay Range
12.27 - 17.49
Monthly Pay Range
Internal Candidates Only?
Internal Cand Open Date
Internal Cand Closing Date
The entities of the Texas Tech University System are Equal Opportunity Employers and employ without regard to sex, race, color, national origin, religion, age, disability, genetic information, status as a disabled or Vietnam era veteran, or other protected classes.
Texas Tech University - 13 months ago