Line of Service: Advisory
Industry: Financial Services
State & City: VA-McLean
Travel Requirements: 81-100%
Position Type: Full Time
Auto req ID: 36777BR-5
Are you interested in the opportunity to work for an industry-leading firm that services Fortune 500 companies, and will give you the experience and exposure you need to build your career? If you are, then PricewaterhouseCoopers LLP (www.pwc.com/us) is the firm for you. PricewaterhouseCoopers LLP (PwC US) is well placed to help clients meet the challenges and opportunities of the US marketplace in the areas of assurance, tax, and advisory. We offer the perspective of being part of a global network of firms combined with detailed knowledge of local, state and US national issues. More than 169,000 people in over 158 countries across the PwC network are committed to deliver quality in assurance, tax and advisory services. People across the PwC network share knowledge, experience and solutions to develop fresh perspectives and deliver practical advice.
At PwC US, you will be part of a learning culture, where teamwork and collaboration are encouraged, excellence is rewarded, and diversity is respected and valued. We offer a flexible career progression model that allows for a variety of challenging opportunities throughout your career. We provide unparalleled coaching, mentoring, and career development programs; global opportunities; and state of the art technology-driven methodologies to help you provide quality service to our clients.
From strategy through execution, PwC Advisory helps clients build their next competitive advantage. As the world's second largest global consulting provider, we combine the breadth of knowledge of over 35,000 global professionals with deep industry knowledge to deliver custom solutions for our clients. A long history of working with many of the world's largest and most complex companies means we really understand the unique business challenges our clients face better than most consultancies.
The Financial Services industry is operating in a challenging environment due to global economic pressure, increasing regulatory demands and capital requirements as well as significant operational and technology changes. Our growing Financial Services Advisory practice provides management, technology and risk consulting services to help major financial institutions around the world respond to their most complex business challenges. The Financial Services Advisory practice is composed of three industry sectors: Asset Management, Banking & Capital Markets and Insurance.
Our Operations consultants help clients realize competitive advantage from operations. This high performing team translates business strategy into operations strategy and transforms operations to drive both growth and profitability. Specific areas of focus include global footprint and network design, product innovation and development, sales and operations planning, procurement and sourcing, manufacturing operations, service operations, logistics, and capital programs.
Position/Program Requirements:Knowledge Preferred:
Demonstrates proven thorough knowledge and understanding of, and success with contributing or managing specific workstreams of client engagements that involve, the following areas:
- Transaction lifecycles of Financial, Healthcare, Federal and Product and Services products
- Financial operations, including the financial close, planning and forecasting processes
- Operations and administration of Financial, Healthcare, Federal , Product and Services businesses
- Data and systems interactions including IT tools and technology
- Documentation and the identification of key controls within the transaction lifecycle
- Statutory Reporting, GAAP or IFRS requirements
Demonstrates proven thorough abilities and success with utilizing tools and techniques to contribute to the delivery of financial effectiveness strategies for global, financial service clients
Demonstrates proven extensive abilities and success with working collaboratively and independently to address client needs by:
Demonstrates proven thorough abilities and success as a team leader by:
- Actively participating in client discussions and meetings
- Communicating a broad range of offered consulting services
- Managing engagements
- Preparing concise, accurate documents, including utilizing PC applications including Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Project to write and deliver proposals to prospective clients
- Maintaining project economics while maintaining flexibility for unanticipated issues
Minimum Years of Experience Necessary:
- Creating a positive environment
- Monitoring workloads of the team while meeting client expectations
- Respecting the work-life quality of team members
- Providing candid, meaningful feedback in a timely manner
- Keeping leadership informed of progress and issues
- Answering questions and providing direction to less experienced staff
- Developing, writing, presenting and facilitating discussions on strategy to all levels of industry audiences, clients and internal staff and management
3 years of relevant experience in Financial, Healthcare, Federal or Products and Services Industries
Minimum Degree(s) and Certification(s) Required:
PwC - 2 years ago
copy to clipboard
PricewaterhouseCoopers (www.pwc.com) provides industry-focused assurance, tax and advisory services to build public trust and enhance value...