Atkins has been providing infrastructure planning, engineering, construction, environmental consulting, urban planning, architecture, and program management services to public and private clients across the United States for more than 50 years. Globally, Atkins is the largest UK-based engineering and design consultancy and the world's 11th largest design firm with nearly 18,000 employees worldwide. We have the depth and breadth of expertise to respond to the most technically challenging and time-critical infrastructure projects and the urgent transition to a low-carbon economy.
At Atkins, we offer our employees more than just a job; we offer an opportunity to shape the world for generations to come through innovative and sound design. As the official engineer of the 2012 London Olympics, few companies can rival the size and diversity of our projects. Whether it’s the concept for a new skyscraper, the upgrade of a rail network, the modeling of a flood defense system or the improvement of a management process, we plan, design and enable solutions.
Atkins seeks an energetic, highly motivated, detail-oriented, self-starter to join our Kirkland staff as an Aerospace Engineer.
Atkins Aerospace is a progressive and rapidly expanding part of one of the world’s leading engineering and design consultancies, with aerospace offices in the US, UK, Germany, The Netherlands and India. We provide high end technical and project management services to aircraft OEMs, engine manufacturers and customers in the aerospace sector, and as such we are involved in some of the most challenging and exciting aerospace projects in the world.
We are now seeking motivated individuals to join our team and develop our US aerospace office in Seattle, WA. The office is located in the desirable Kirkland area, with easy access and short commute times to Seattle and Bellevue.
The role of Aerospace Project Manager is suited to high caliber engineering professional with a minimum of 4 years post qualification experience in the engineering industry. You will need to demonstrate a desire to be challenged and to contribute towards the success and growth of the business and will be expected to coordinate technical tasks and to lead others in their execution, using a range of standard Project Management techniques. In return we can offer career development, an empowered and supportive working environment and competitive reward package, including flexible working arrangements.
Responsibilities will vary slightly according to your experience and capability and the salary offered will be commensurate with your experience.
You will have responsibility for and be involved in the following:
LOCAL CANDIDATES PREFERRED.
- managing client relationships
- leading a team and being able to get the best from them, including motivating, mentoring and training
- compiling commercial documentation for bids, including scoping and negotiating
- financial delivery
- all aspects of project planning, including setting & managing deadlines for team members
- assigning responsibilities across a mixed team of engineers
- project resourcing
- internal and external reporting and escalation of emerging risks and issues
Atkins offers its employees a robust rewards package which includes: a competitive salary; a broad benefits package including medical/RX, dental, vision, life, disability, legal, hospitalization and other valuable voluntary options; generous time-off programs; flexible work schedules; 401(k) with employer match; professional and career development opportunities through our corporate university, as well as a highly-regarded tuition reimbursement program; and an unmatched culture focused on client-service, quality, and tireless pursuit of excellence in all we do. Atkins is an equal opportunity, drug-free employer committed to diversity in the workplace.
You will be degree qualified in engineering or a related subject (or equivalent) and have experience of project management and / or technical leadership of projects to time, quality and cost objectives. Prior aerospace industry experience is advantageous but not an essential requirement.
A good track record in the following is required:
- financial ownership / budgetary responsibility
- leading “remote teams” based in multiple locations, including across international boundaries
- risk management – theory plus evidence of regular and successful application of risk identification and mitigation
- planning, and updating plans to react to changing requirements
- technical appreciation of engineering products and delivery practice
- good communication skills a drive to deliver, including evidence to support your “delivery focus”
- wide degree of creativity and an adaptable approach is expected
Atkins - 23 months ago
Atkins is one of the world's leading engineering, design and project management consultancies. We have the breadth and depth of expertise to...