Alcoa has an exciting opening for a Aerospace Structure Specialist to work at the Alcoa Technical Center located in Alcoa Center (New Kensington) PA, a suburb of Pittsburgh. The Alcoa Technical Center (ATC) is Alcoa’s largest research, development, and applied engineering laboratory. Alcoa Technical Center occupies a 127-acre campus with an additional 2,019 acres of rolling countryside. This facility is the world’s largest light metals research and development center with a full range of lab capabilities, from bench-scale to full production-scale equipment. The facility has a diverse, multi-lingual workforce holding more than 100 doctorate and 200 master’s Degrees.
The Aerospace Structure Specialist will report to the Technology Manager, Aerospace and will act as the primary Alcoa lead for aerospace structural design and structures technologies in support of the Alcoa aerospace strategy by working closely with the Alcoa Aerospace Business Units (BUs), Application Engineering and Alcoa Aerospace customers.
- Identify and lead technical collaboration programs with aerospace OEMs to develop, qualify and implement Alcoa preferred products
- Identify and lead aerospace structural and manufacturing technology programs to meet Alcoa aerospace and OEM needs for next generation and derivative programs, including:
- Consider technologies and identify potential applications for Alcoa products and customer needs
- Lead teams to determine opportunities and address hurdles and requirements for implementation
- Bring technologies to a point where they can be implemented
- Support customer implementation
- Define and conduct trade studies to support Alcoa internal product development or OEM collaborations
- Collaborate with aerospace BU leaders, application engineering, ATC aerospace market team and alloy development organization to develop and manage Alcoa’s global aerospace technology portfolio.
- Work with aerospace BU’s, market and technical leaders to develop ATC aerospace technology budgets, manage budget revision and lead gate reviews.
- Support aerospace BU leaders, application engineering, ATC aerospace market team and alloy development organization in developing Alcoa aerospace strategy.
- Provide technical guidance and coaching for other engineers, scientists and technicians at ATC on aerospace technology development programs.
- Demonstrated technical leadership skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Demonstrated collaboration skills
- Some Alcoa Technical Center (ATC) products and technical information are subject to U.S. export control laws. Applicants for this position will be required to submit information regarding work authorization status to enable ATC to comply with those laws.
- This position is being posted at a job grade range 19/20.
While many of its aluminum products may be lightweight, Alcoa is anything but. The company is among the world's top producers of...