o Planning, designing, measuring, assessing, improving new or revised processes of patient care and service.
- Demonstrates knowledge of the organization’s emergency operations plan and the role of the assistant in an emergency/disaster situation.
- Knowledge of policies and procedures related to OSHA standards to include but not limited to: infection control, risk management including hazardous communications and environmental safety.
- Demonstrates knowledge of standard precautions, hand hygiene, transmission-based precautions and personal protective equipment.
- Executes and ensures strict HIPAA protocol.
- Enforces policy adherence consistent with AAAHC guidelines to maintain superb quality assurance and quality improvement.
- Aesthetician to practice quality improvement measures according to QI policy:
o Facilitate a positive patient outcome, while maintaining a safe environment for personnel, patients and visitors.
A. PRE-PROCEDURERESPONSIBILITIES:Aesthetician to demonstrate a thorough knowledge of:
- Aesthetician must establish and maintain a secure knowledge and understanding of ALL forms policies and procedures located on the Sono Bello Intranet.
- Forms are subject to change and Aesthetician must be current on all changes regarding FORMS AND POLICIES located on Sono Bello Intranet. Such forms include, but not limited to: Informed Consent, Treatment Log, Medical History, Physical Exam and Medical Clearance.
- Aesthetician must be knowledgeable with Sono Bello’s Intranet and be well informed on updated content and materials therein.
- Aesthetician should attend clinic meetings including staff education, in-services and required staff meetings.
- Responsible for the successful completion of initial and annual training requirements.
- Assistant must demonstrate ability to review paperwork prior to procedure to ensure current history &physical, current medication history and other required elements are present.
- Aesthetician to recognize the need to elevate care to RN and/or Physician.
- Aesthetician to maintain an honest relationship with each patient and understand the importance of setting proper limits and expectations for anticipated results.
- Aesthetician to remain informed of new products, equipment and techniques for Vela Shape including safety and efficiency.
- Aesthetician to obtain and maintain BLS certification and other associated continuing education, if requested.
- Aesthetician to demonstrate strong, accurate decision making capabilities.
- Aesthetician to demonstrate competency in the knowledge of the delivery of patient care in an environment that optimizes patient safety and reduces the likelihood of medical/health care errors.
- Demonstrates the knowledge of proper identification and reporting of medical/health care errors.
- Aesthetician to protect the patient in the event of a medical/health care error and, as appropriate, obtains medical/health care error resolution by appropriate medical staff.
- Aesthetician to be responsible to complete special projects as assigned.
- Aesthetician to provide back-up support for other administrative staff as necessary.
B. INTRA-PROCEDURE RESPONSIBILITIES:Aesthetician to demonstrate a thorough knowledge of:
- Vela Shape equipment, technique, settings, end-points, expectations, timelines, number of treatments, correct body areas and contraindications to treatment.
- Ensuring that all pre-Vela Shape preparations are met. This may include answering last minute patient questions and assisting patient in a timely manner.
- Correct preparation of Vela Shape equipment and room needed for Vela Shape procedures.
- Patient’s pertinent health information. This includes reviewing patient’s medical history, current medications and other current health related issues for thoroughness. Any concerns or issues would be communicated with the physician for further evaluation. Aesthetician to openly communicate treatment plan with PM.
o Treatment Log, Progress Note, patient/family responses and any pertinent information and charting related to patient care.
- Vela Shape room attire.
- Comfortable room temperature and climate.
- Lotion and blanket temperature.
- Patient identification noted and charted.
- Position of patient noted and charted.
- Skin preparation, measurements, photographs and settings noted and charted.
- Treatment site clearly noted and charted.
- Special technique, settings, positions, sensitivities or concerns noted and charted.
- Vela Shape treatment times noted and charted.
- Understand differences between clean, aseptic and sterile techniques of Vela Shape heads and practice accordingly.
- Demonstrates an understanding of the sterilization/ cleansing process of Vela Shape heads.
- Precisely and accurately chart and document all appropriate medical forms including but not limited to:
C. POST-PROCEDURE RESPONSIBILITIES:Aesthetician to demonstrate a thorough knowledge of:
D. MISCELLANEOUSPOST-PROCEDURE and FOLLOW-UPDUTIES:Aesthetician to demonstrate a thorough knowledge of:
- Cleaning Vela-room and heads after a procedure and disposing of contaminated materials in a timely manner.
- Providing excellent patient care to patient and attain strict criteria for discharge.
- Explaining treatment procedure and instructions to patients.
- Assist FDC in returning all patient phone messages in a timely manner.
- Schedule follow-up appointments with patients, if applicable. Never sooner than and preferably between 7-10 days. Treatments must be consecutive, four to six treatments adequate.
- Maintain appropriate medical supply. Report to PM when orders are needed well in advance.
- Clean and maintain Vela Shape machine, heads, hoses, fans and replace filters when required. Daily, Weekly and Monthly Logs required.
- Stock new supply orders and disposing of boxes.
- Download pre-procedure and post-procedure pictures in a timely manner, same day preferred.
DEPARTMENTAL/ENVIRONMENTAL RESPONSIBILITIES:Aesthetician to locate and/or demonstrate knowledge of:
o Policy and Procedure Manual, OSHA and other related safety manuals, fire/emergency management manual, PDR/Drug resource manual and all patient education and teaching aids.
- Phone system.
- Computer system.
- Fire equipment.
- Exit doors
- Emergency (red) outlets and lights.
- Banyan Stat Kit/AED.
- Department resources including:
F. LASER SAFETY- Please refer to Laser Safety Policy for a detailed description of duties:
G. QUALIFICATIONS of AESTHETICIAN:
- Aesthetician will exhibit knowledge in the field of laser safety and standards of laser safety in the clinical setting.
- Supporting the RN in establishing appropriate criteria and authorized procedures for all health care personnel working in laser hazard zones.
- Aestheticians should understand where lasers are being used and access to these areas should be controlled.
To perform this job successfully, the Aesthetician must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential function.
H. SKILLS and ADDITIONAL TRAINING:
I. LANGUAGE SKILLS:
- Must be familiar with MS Office, including Excel.
- Must be BLS certified and maintained annually.
J. REASONING ABILITY:
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals and technical journals.
- Ability to write reports and correspondence.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from patients, physicians and staff.
K. PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- Ability to problem solve and clarify necessary steps of logic and reasoning in a professional manner. Intellectual acuity is a necessary qualification.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an Aesthetician with Sono Bello. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The role of an Aesthetician requires using the telephone, computer and other related instruments or devices while communicating with patients, caregivers, physicians and staff.
- While performing the duties of an Aesthetician with Sono Bello, specific vision and hearing abilities required by this job include both vision and hearing acuity.
- Employee will need mobility and ability to stand and walk for periods of time.
- Employee may need to lift up to 25 pounds on occasion. May require working under stressful conditions due to deadlines and time constraints.