We are searching for an experienced Affordable Housing Coordinator to work for a large fast paced luxury apartment community in Washington DC. In this role, you will be mainly responsible for leasing all apartment homes within the Affordable Housing Program at the apartment community, processing all paperwork associated with leasing and renewing apartment homes within the affordable housing program per compliances guidelines, qualifying households based on program criteria and completing periodic reports confirming program compliance. Other Leasing and Marketing efforts will include: maintaining proper administrative paperwork throughout the rental process, maintaining market surveys of competitive communities, devising "out of the box" creative ways to attract and retain potential and current customers as well as providing leasing and administrative support to the conventional leasing program.
We are looking for highly enthusiastic, creative thinkers who have a vision for excellence. If you think you have these qualities, we would love for you to join our growing and dynamic team!
We recognize people as our most valuable resource. Your Primary Responsibilities will include:
• Working consistently to optimize occupancy while maintaining the established lease rents.
• Showing vacant apartment homes and giving tours of the community.
• Processing applications ensuring that the documentation is complete and that it meets company requirements.
• Preparing lease and move-in documents in a timely, neat and organized manner.
• Promoting the company's vision and demonstrating courteous communication & customer relations skills.
• Processing renewals and determining extended program eligibility.
• Providing administrative support to the entire property operation.
To become a valuable member of our team, we require the following:
• Prior sales or leasing experience preferred.
• Experience in the Affordable Housing arena, specifically in the Washington DC environment is strongly preferred.
• Excellent time management skills and attention to detail.
• Previous experience with Onesite is a plus.
• Ability to communicate well with residents.
• Proficient at Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook Express & Internet Research.
• High School Diploma or equivalent required.
• Ability to work a flexible work schedule including weekends and holidays.
• Must pass background checks and drug screening.
Our competitive salary, commissions on every lease, and benefits package includes a 401k retirement plan with company match, employee housing discount, flexible spending plan, dental insurance, medical insurance, paid time off, paid company holidays, and job training programs.
Drug Free Workplace
Special note to third party recruiters: Forest City Enterprises values its relationships with our vendor partners. Occasionally we invite third party recruiters to assist us in filling an open requisition, and resumes must be submitted only through our talent supplier portal by those firms authorized to present candidates to us. Currently we are not seeking assistance from any third party or contingency recruiters for this position, and any resumes sent via email, internet or any other means will be considered unsolicited and Forest City will not be responsible for placement fees.
Forest City Enterprises - 17 months ago