Afghan Translator (Pashto and Dari)
Leonie, an international, woman-owned, leading provider of execution management specialists, performance measurement experts and analysts to US Government organizations is seeking a qualified Afghan Translator (Pashto and Dari).
Candidates must be native Afghan individuals fluent in Pashto and Dari, who possess a demonstrated, intimate, firsthand understanding of Eastern/Southern culture of Afghan society in particular, acquired by personal experience or professional study.
Individuals must be able to liaise effectively with U.S. and Afghan government officials and persons at all levels of Afghan society. Applicants need to be supportive of and committed to the U.S. and ISAF mission in Afghanistan. The successful candidates will have the following qualifications:
- Minimum of 3+ years professional work experience performing written translation (Interpreter experience is insufficient)
- Fluent in Pashto and Dari, 3/3 or better in language proficiency in written translation in both target and English languages
- Possess excellent writing skill sets, in English, Pashto and Dari, and other applicable Afghan languages or dialects spoken where assigned
- Willing and able to conduct real-time, accurate and concise oral interpretations of conversations
- Be able and willing to translate documents as necessary
- Must be willing to work field assignments as necessary
- Candidates must hold a Secret clearance or above
- Candidates must be able to provide proof of experience and level of experience; which would include education and time in country
- BS/BA (or international equivalent)
- Assessments Manager and any required Military Personnel
Leonie offers you the opportunity to join an innovative, well respected organization and collaborate with industry experts and exceptional individuals. We provide a competitive compensation and a generous benefits package.
To be considered for this exciting opportunity, please apply online via our website at http://www.leoinegroup.com/careers . Please provide a cover letter outlining your experience and salary expectations as you create your Leonie profile.
Leonie is an Equal Opportunity Employer. M/F/D/V