This position is based in Afghanistan (Kabul
International Airport or Kandahar Air Field) and
requires a 12 month commitment to the contract.
Personnel must be capable of performing their duties in
challenging environmental and working conditions, with
extreme temperature ranges and long, STANDARD working
hours consisting of 12 hours a day / 7 days a week.
of data communication and voice switching systems
- Performs depot level maintenance, repair and upgrade
and their peripherals as well as computers, mainly
PCs, such as standalone PC workstations and servers.
level such as modem, printer, scanner and facsimile.
- Repair of peripheral equipment down to component
second line repair of telephone and mobile phones.
- Performs first line checks and, where feasible,
inventory and regular status checks of tools and
- Performs when required work assignment, equipment
- Ensures replenishment of bench stock and office
decisions regarding CIS material and assists the
- Provides professional input to all local purchasing
chief and P & C in the selection of the best bid.
schedule for all CIS equipment.
- Establishes and maintains a maintenance cleaning
performs daily housekeeping duties required on the
- Administrate NATO Depot Support System (NDSS) and
NDSS server and network.
Tracking Capability (ICTC) nodal equipment
- Receiving/Sending NDSS Data transmissions
- Troubleshoot, repair and restore Interim Consignment
and outside ISAF JOA.
- May be required to travel for official duty within
Job Requirements:ESSENTIAL QUALIFICATION (Professional/Experience):
digital techniques, components and circuits.
- ACTIVE US SECRET SECURITY CLEARANCE IS REQUIRED
- Sound knowledge of electronic theory, analogue and
bus structures, controllers, interfaces, displays,
- Sound technical hardware knowledge of : CPU, memory,
storage devices and power supplies.
configure) of personal computer operating systems,
- Software knowledge (be able to instal, image and
drivers and diagnostic software.
desirable) in the repair of computer systems,
- A minimum of three (3) years experience (6 years
modems, monitors, printers, scanners and facsimiles
down to component level.
- Knowledge of Local Area Network (LAN) and network
- Technical functional knowledge of structured LAN/WAN
basics and LAN analyzer tools
- Technical basic knowledge of network OS.
- Technical basic knowledge of network management
- Light vehicle driving license
- Computer hardware/LAN maintenance training course
Req. Code : 87
- 6 years of experience
- Previous experience in a military or CIS environment
Division/Department : Technical Services
% of Travel Required : 100%
Shift/Hours : Rotating Shifts
Segoviaip - 17 months ago