C.R. England, a 90-year leader in global transportation, and the nation's largest refrigerated trucking company is seeking qualified candidates for an After Hours Safety Manager position.
The general hours of operation for this position are 6:00pm-6:00am, Friday through Sunday and every other Monday.
The After Hours Safety Manager is responsible to prevent accidents primarily through educational communication with drivers. You must effectively evaluate, monitor, and analyze driver behavior while working with our Operations department to improve fleet accident rates. You will be responsible for a fleet of approximately 500 Trucks and 1000 Drivers. This position will require a self-motivated individual who can multi-task and prioritize job duties.
Essential Job Functions and responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Day to day management of predictive modeling software
- Responsible for making proactive contact with drivers to assist with safety issues
- Make personal connection with drivers via phone calls and face to face interactions
- Use a hands-on approach to manage an ever-changing pool of drivers
- Counsel drivers on personal, professional, and skills issues
- Act as a liaison between driver and operations if the need arises
- Reduce accidents, improve turnover, build strong relationships with drivers
- Positive attitude in all communications and driver interactions
- Driver-first approach to transportation
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Must be proficient in Excel, Word, PowerPoint and have the ability to operate in the AS400 mainframe
- Must have the ability to multi-task and have excellent organizational skills
- Proactive work ethic and the ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations
- Previous driving experience a plus but not required
C.R. England offers a competitive benefits package that includes, medical, dental, life, vision, vacation, and 401K.
C.R. England has grown 100% in the last ten years and seeks to continue its exciting success. Our outstanding growth represents tremendous opportunity for those interested in long-term career possibilities and encourages career-minded individuals to apply.
C.R. England is a world class organization and one of the top trucking and transportation companies in the country. In fact, we are the...