Under the direction of the Chief of Program Operations, the Out-of-School Time Program Director is responsible for the overall day-to-day management of CCM's three Out-of-School Time Programs.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Provide and ensure quality programming in compliance with the NYC Department of Youth and Community Development's standards.
- Plan and implement activities for Elementary and Middle School-aged children that build upon skills needed to ensure their success in the school setting and beyond.
- Ensure that programming fosters academic and recreational skills that broaden participants' horizons as well as promoting leadership skills and self-advocacy among youth.
- Hire, train, supervise and evaluate all program staff.
- Ensure that all program outcomes and milestones are achieved.
- Review participant files, track participant progress, and work closely with in-house Quality Assurance Department
- Meets with the School Principal, school-based personnel and participants' parents to ensure program cohesiveness and partnership.
- Provide orientation for parents prior to the start of the program.
- Ensures that all program activities are adequately staffed and are running efficiently.
- Communicate on a regular basis/as needed with the funding source (DYCD) and submit all reporting and tracking requirements in a timely manner.
Candidate must possess a Bachelor's degree in a related field (i.e. child development, elementary education, physical education) and must possess at least three years of relevant supervisory experience providing services to school-aged youth. Must possess knowledge of the principles and practices of child development in order to achieve the goals of the program.
Founded in 1982, Community Counseling & Mediation (CCM) is an innovative, community-based social service organization providing a wide range...