Job Title: Agency Sales Associate
Job ID: 03437
Division : Agency Sales Central Region
Work Location(s): United States-Missouri-Kansas City
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Under the overall direction of the Sales Director, the Agency Sales Associate uses insurance product and lead acquisition knowledge to support Sales Directors and Agency Sales Managers in facilitating the implementation of sales initiatives for agencies in assigned territory. Counsels agents on routine and complex business objectives and sales strategies as directed. Contributes to the success of agencies in assigned districts by cultivating strong personal relationships with agents and field management through frequent contact.
- Agency Development Support (60%)
- Assists Agency Sales Manager in providing business knowledge and expertise to agents to ensure the successful operation of respective agencies. Acts as a backup resource for Agency Sales Managers as directed by the Sales Director.
- Partners with Agency Sales Manager to address the specific needs of assigned district(s) as determined by the Sales Director (e.g., new agents, major state initiatives, joint sales calls).
- Partners with field management to communicate sales opportunities and strategies to agents; works with agents to implement specific sales business objectives.
- Uses insurance and sales technical knowledge to inform agents on product information, customer planning solutions and best sales practices. Fosters the usage of American Family tools and resources.
- Works with internal corporate partners and Agency Sales Manager to advise agents on increasing market exposure and potential, including building relationships in the community.
- Sales Leadership Operations Support (40%)
- Participates in State and District meetings to understand specific territory needs and company initiatives established to increase sales and the experience of American Family customers.
- Partners with Sales Director and Agency Sales Manager to devise methods to provide agents with linkages between agency and strategic plans and promote sales incentive programs.
- Works with Sales Director and Agency Sales Manager to identify agency best practices suited to individual agencies and district-level training needs to support agent professional development.
- Achieve Results
- Be Accountable
- Maximize Customer Experience
- Planning & Organizing
- Relationship Building
- Selling/Marketing Analysis
- Technical Expertise
- Successfully obtain and maintain the appropriate insurance licenses in Property, Casualty, Life and Health as required to do business with American Family and its alliances within 6 months of employment. Note: Obtaining a personal lines license does not fulfill the property and casualty license requirement.
Specialized Knowledge and Skills Requirements
- Basic knowledge and understanding of profit, growth and retention measures.
- Basic knowledge and understanding of the insurance products.
- Solid knowledge and understanding of sales principles.
- Solid knowledge and understanding of successful business practices.
- Valid driver's license required plus an acceptable driving record.
- This position requires travel up to 75% of the time.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes health, life and dental insurance, a 401(K) plan, paid holidays, vacation and sick leave and the opportunity for career development. If you would like to put your career in motion apply online today!
A career move to join American Family Insurance may also mean a physical move for you. If you are selected for an interview, information will be provided on the level of relocation assistance available during the interview.
Offer to selected candidate will be made contingent on the results of background checks.
Please review the job requirements.
American Family Insurance - 20 months ago
American Family Insurance offers auto, home, life & annuities, health, business and farm & ranch insurance. We’ve expanded...