Job Title: |
Agency Sales Director
Jacksonville, FL 32216
Summary of Responsibilities:
The primary purpose of the Agency Sales Director (ASD) is to recruit, train, develop, retain and grow a unit of FSRs. These activities should be driven by the business plan of the agency and should be consistent with MetLife Financial Services business planning objectives.
Recruiting: Recruit FSRs to MetLife and guide applicants through the selection process. Understand and meet diversity and recruiting objectives, as articulated in the Agency Business Plan.
Performance Management: Manage, develop and coach FSRs. This requires active management of FSRs, which includes joint sales calls and regular meetings. Develop a performance plan for each FSR. This plan will specifically address development needs, production requirements, appointments and sales expectations. Each plan must reflect the Agency’s overall goals.
Compliance: Maintain an ethical and professional work environment. Ensure FSR compliance with MetLife’s good business practice processes. Enforce compliance rules and guidelines and partner with senior management, compliance and legal as appropriate. Act as a supervising registered representative when managing a registered detached site and fulfill all obligations attendant to that role.
Professional Development: Maintain knowledge of current products. Stay up-to-date on MetLife policies, systems, tools and with industry trends regarding field management best practices. Participate in company-sponsored management and leadership development programs. Complete continuing education requirements to maintain licenses. Obtain professional designations, as required.
- Possess problem solving, management, leadership, communication, interpersonal and coaching skills.
- Knowledge of FINRA/SEC compliance regulations and policies and ability to apply MetLife specific policies and procedures appropriately. General knowledge of employment laws and ability to seek guidance from human resources and legal business partners as necessary.
- Ability to recruit diverse candidates and skilled in persuading candidates to join the Company.
- Ability to understand products and to assist FSRs in understanding them as well. Ability to deliver and facilitate the training of prospecting and selling systems.
- Ability to set goals for FSRs and to monitor FSR performance. Ability to create individualized development plans and to implement/follow-up on these plans with FSRs.
- Ability to understand FSR training needs and ability to meet those needs. Ability to learn marketing systems, methods to identify markets and ability to provide direction to FSRs to identify markets.
- Ability to learn detached operation processes, and ability to oversee major transactions.
- Knowledge of industry trends and ability to understand and apply field management best practices. Knowledge of professional organizations, ability to improve sales skills and obtain professional designations.
- S7, Insurance Producers License, S24 (Preferred)
- Prior experience in growing a sales office
- Prior recruiting experience
- Prior sales experience
- Appropriate FINRA Licensing and Registration: L/H, Series 6, 63 (Series 7 and 24 maybe required).
- Licenses necessary to sell MetLife products.
- A minimum of 2 years as an FSR OR 2 years as a sales manager in an organization that is highly structured and has commission based sales.
- Track record of success in financial services sales OR sales management.
Number of Openings
Equal Employment Opportunity
MetLife is proud to be an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. We are committed to attracting, retaining and maximizing the performance of a diverse and inclusive workforce.
How To Apply
For immediate consideration, click on the Apply Now button below. You will be directed to complete an on-line profile which may take 15 – 20 minutes to complete. Upon completion, you will receive an automated confirmation email verifying you have successfully applied to the job.*LI-DNP
MetLife - 15 months ago
The breadth of careers at MetLife offers unlimited possibilities for your professional life. More than life insurance. Much more. MetLife is...