Job Title: Agency Sales Management Assistant
Job ID: 03478
Division : Agency Sales West Region
Work Location(s): United States-Utah-Field Location
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
This position is located at the district office in Park City, Utah.
The Agency Sales Management Assistant provides support to the Agency Sales Manager and assists in supporting the agents and agency staff in their respective district. Assistants not only manage the day-to-day activities of an Agency Sales Manager's office, but also serve as a direct line resource to agents and their staffs to help them be successful in reaching their goals. They assist and collaborate with Agency Sales Managers to efficiently and effectively manage district operations and implement initiatives.
- District Management Assistance (35%)
- Assists in the set-up and coordination of district-level marketing events and meetings as directed by the Agency Sales Manager; attends events as necessary.
- Assists in managing customer complaints that come directly through the Agency Sales Manager's office; elevates customer complaints as appropriate to Sales Business Strategy & Planning/Operations & Compliance.
- Runs and consolidates agency/district-specific reports at the request of the Agency Sales Manager.
- Provides assistance and coordination for district-level training needs, working in collaboration with the Education Division when appropriate.
- Monitors and manages banked and open agencies as directed by the Agency Sales Manager.
- Gathers agency data for compliance to underwriting rules; audits agent files at the direction of the Agency Sales Manager for corporate compliance.
- Agency & Agency Staff Assistance (25%)
- Verifies agent and staff licensing within the district.
- Provides on-boarding support for new agents and staff, including but not limited to office set-up, move coordination, telephone services, signage, security, supplies and banking.
- Answers on-going questions from agents and agency staff regarding the use and functionality of company-provided technology tools and systems; refers them to websites and manuals as appropriate.
- Provides marketing support and best practices information to agencies as directed by the Agency Sales Manager.
- Assists in implementing best practices within agencies at the direction of the Agency Sales Manager.
- Administrative Functions (20%)
- Manages the day-to-day functions of the Agency Sales Manager's office, including but not limited to answering phone calls, managing appointments and calendars, managing the office's website, coordinating travel needs of the Agency Sales Manager, scheduling meetings, filing, monitoring email and voice mail messages, addressing the needs of walk-in customers and clients.
- Assists the Agency Sales Manager with district expenses and submitting reimbursements.
- Agency Staff Recruitment Assistance (10%)
- Advertises/posts open agency staff positions at the request of agents in the district.
- Accepts and reviews applications; at the request of the hiring agent, conducts screening to confirm that candidate meets American Family Agency Staff appointment standards.
- Runs and reviews Motor Vehicle Reports (MVR) on qualified candidates; reviews staff Credit Bureau Reports (CBR).
- Prepares and submits the necessary paperwork to appoint agency staff.
- Schedules and coordinates interview appointments with candidates and interviewer(s).
- Office Back-up (10%)
- Monitors and controls the daily activities of the office in the absence of the Agency Sales Manager.
- Serves as a resource to agencies by effectively handling matters brought to her/his attention.
- Provides excellent customer service over the phone or to walk-in customers; effectively answers questions and inquiries in the absence of the Agency Sales Manager.
- Achieve Results
- Be Accountable
- Maximize Customer Experience
- Concern for Quality
- Relationship Building
- Technical Expertise
Specialized Knowledge and Skills Requirements
- Successfully obtain and maintain the appropriate insurance licenses in Property, Casualty, Life and Health as required to do business with American Family and its alliances within 6 months of employment. Note: Obtaining a personal lines license does not fulfill the property and casualty license requirement.
- Ability to work flexible hours and shifts.
- Ability to work nights, weekends and holidays.
- Demonstrated experience in administrative work and general office administration.
- Demonstrated experience in successfully working in a customer service oriented environment.
- Demonstrated experience operating a PC and other office equipment (e.g. calculator, copier, fax machine).
- Solid knowledge and understanding of Microsoft Office products.
- Valid driver's license required plus an acceptable driving record.
- This position requires travel up to 25% of the time.
This position is located in Park City, Utah (at the district office)
We offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes health, life and dental insurance, a 401(K) plan, paid holidays, vacation and sick leave and the opportunity for career development. If you would like to put your career in motion apply online today!
A career move to join American Family Insurance may also mean a physical move for you. If you are selected for an interview, information will be provided on the level of relocation assistance available during the interview.
Offer to selected candidate will be made contingent on the results of background checks.
Please review the job requirements.
American Family Insurance - 9 months ago
American Family Insurance offers auto, home, life & annuities, health, business and farm & ranch insurance. We’ve expanded...