Agency Sales Support Specialists are hired by Agents to assist in producing appointments, applications and sales through lead generation and follow up. You’ll receive training and support as you handle a full scope of responsibilities, including customer relations, sales and marketing and agency office operations.
Although each agent has the discretion to determine your appropriate job duties and qualifications, an example of the types of duties and qualifications for the position include:
Sales and Marketing
- Coordinate agency prospecting through direct mail, company prospecting programs and Personal Insurance Reviews.
- Understand products, procedures and best practices for promoting policy growth and retention
- Schedule/confirm appointments for agent
- Achieve individual production goals as established by agent
- Discuss insurance product offerings with current and potential customers
- Maintain high customer service standards to attract and retain customers
- Advise customer of claims and billing policies and procedures as needed
- Respond to inquiries, issues and complaints
Agency Office Operations
- Administer office practices and procedures
- Maintain information in the agency’s customer database for future follow up
- Manage agency correspondence as required
- Continue to maintain and develop knowledge of American Family products and services and support efforts to increase agent business
Qualified candidates will possess:
- Outstanding sales and relationship skills
- Licenses in property, casualty, health and life (or these must be obtained in order to continue employment with the agency)
- Prior insurance experience is not required
- Organization, prioritization, and multi-tasking skills
- Demonstrated oral and written communication skills
- PC skills; experience with Windows-based computer applications a plus
- Ability to learn American Family products, services, and computer systems
- A minimum of a High School diploma or equivalent
- Clean credit
- Acceptable driving record
Property and Casualty license is required before starting position but not required to apply. Life and Health license is required within 90 days of start date. After 6 months of continued employment, the cost of licensing would be reimbursed. For more information on licensing please go to http://store.americasprofessor.com/catalog.php?category=9.
American Family Insurance offers auto, home, life & annuities, health, business and farm & ranch insurance. We’ve expanded...