Agency Services Assoc
Job ID # : 3740 Location: Howell, MI
Functional Area : Customer Service SBU: 22001 - Personal Lines Operations
Position Type : Full - Time
Education Required : Bachelors Degree
Experience Required : 1 - 3 Years
Relocation Provided : No
“Our Policy is Performance”
Hanover Insurance is a winning company comprised of outstanding professionals focused on a single vision: to be the very best in our business. At The Hanover you will have the opportunity to: Grow Your Career, Love What You Do and Be Valued for Your Contributions.
Apply today and discover:
…what it’s like to work for the best insurance company in the industry!!!
- Why, in 2010, we were recognized by The Boston Globe as a Top Places to Work and by Business Insurance as a Best Places to Work.
- How we continue to grow stronger through acquisitions, increased product offerings and unparalleled credit rating agency upgrades in the industry.
- How we build unique relationships with our Employees, Agent Partners and Customers.
The Hanover Insurance Group is seeking positive, energetic, top performing individuals who desire to build a strong foundation in Insurance.
Personal Lines Agency Service Track
As a member of the Personal Lines Agency Service Team, you will work with our independent agents and their customers to create an outstanding service experience. The Hanover is dedicated to your ongoing growth and development; by joining our Team, you can expect to take part in a comprehensive training program that will position you for success. This includes building key competencies such as service orientation, analytical and strategic thinking, communication and business consultation. Throughout your tenure, you will become a fully trained Agency Service Associate, learning functions across the Personal Lines business that will position you for a wide range of career growth and continued personal development and acquiring skill set that provides you the opportunity to maximize your career.
In this position, key job duties include:
- Answers and responds to telephone and email inquiries, requests for changes and information, and written correspondence received from customers/agents using established guidelines and techniques.
- Accurately relays information regarding coverage and rates using established underwriting guidelines including reinstatements.
- Provides agent direction and assistance in utilizing available on-line tools including: underwriting rate and rule manuals, TAP, and other on-line customer facing resources. Also includes entry and quoting assistance in Personal Lines and Commercial Lines Point-of-sale system. - Provides technical direction and assistance to agents in regard to password resets, resending uploads and downloads, checking Java PC settings, troubleshooting premium discrepancies and system errors.
- Researches/reconciles discrepancies in direct billing records such as misapplied payments, legal collections and EFT; makes policy payment plan changes as necessary.
- Tracks transaction history (phone, processing, follow-up) through proper documentation using call tracking systems and established guidelines.
- Effectively handles escalated phone calls by diffusing negative situations and resolving issues in a timely and effective manner.
- Is instrumental in the success of new hires/peers by handling assist calls and providing training/support by explaining procedures and displaying a positive work ethic.
- Other duties as assigned.
Skills, Key Success Factors and Experience:
Benefits To Joining The Hanover Team :
- Bachelor’s degree strongly preferred and 1-3 years related experience
- Proficient in computer applications.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills required
- Must be organized and highly detail oriented, with strong time management skills
- Strong multi-tasking ability
- Previous call/contact center experience a plus.
The Hanover Insurance Group, Inc. (NYSE: THG), based in Worcester, Mass., is the holding company for a group of insurers that includes The Hanover Insurance Company, also based in Worcester; Citizens Insurance Company of America, headquartered in Howell, Mich., and their affiliates. The Hanover offers a wide range of property and casualty products and services to individuals, families and businesses through an extensive network of independent agents, and has been meeting its obligations to its agent partners and their customers for more than 150 years. Taken as a group, The Hanover ranks among the top 40 property and casualty insurers in the United States.
- Competitive Pay and Benefits
- Retirement/401(k) Program
- Beneficiary and Ability Assist Programs
- Travel Assistance Program
- Adoption Benefit
- Wellness Programs
- Matching Education Gifts Plan
- Employee Development/Education Assistance and Professional/Industry Designation Programs
- Generous "Time Off With Pay"
EEO Statement The Hanover Insurance Group provides equal opportunity for employment and promotion to all qualified employees and applicants. No person shall be discriminated against in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other status or condition protected by applicable federal or state statutes. The Company is committed to maintaining an environment in which all employees are treated equitably and given the opportunity to achieve their full potential in the workplace.
The Hanover Insurance Group does not accept unsolicited Agency resumes. The Hanover Insurance Group will not pay fees to any third party agency or firm that does not have a signed "Employment Agency Agreement" already on file with Human Resources - The Office of Talent Management.
The Hanover Insurance Group - 21 months ago