Manage, bid, and administer control of inventories and costs for all supplies, equipment and furniture for Ross stores, new and existing stores, Distribution Centers and Offices. Controls spending to budgets and projects, future spending trends.
• Obtain the best possible value for Ross from all vendors through prudent expense controls and negotiating lower costs on all consumable.
• Assist with formulating strategy for annual bid process based on prior usage and increased number of stores.
• Manage millions of dollars in supply purchases. Track all costs by month and compare to budget, so that forecasts can be made in advance due to unexpected issues (needs not anticipated, costs of raw products increases/decrease). This allows the accruals and explanations for each month’s comparison to be explained properly and alerts the Agent to changes, which could effect next year’s budgets.
• Analyze and manage the appropriate supply inventory levels for the Corporate Office and Distribution Centers in order to insure supplies are available, yet minimizing Company investment.
• Purchase and control follow-up and storage of supplies, equipment, furniture for the new, existing and remodeled stores, Corporate Offices and Distribution Centers.
• Independently draft correspondence and represent Ross when working with outside vendors.
• Review and reconcile all invoices for supplies, equipment and furniture.
• Continually source new vendors, bid on a schedule and assure financial ability on all sources, old and new. Technical specifications must be spelled out in all bids to ensure like quality for all products bid, based upon rigid specifications.
• Analyze, recommend an implement cost containment measures without compromising quality, delivery and Ross standards.
• Resolve all issues concerning supplies, equipment and furniture in a timely fashion.
• Respond quickly to all inquiries and requests.
• Manage special projects as requested.
• Work with other Departments and stores to advise best available product and pricing for needs.
• Customer Service
• Organizational Understanding
• Planning and Organizing
QUALIFICATIONS AND SPECIAL SKILLS REQUIRED:
• Excellent communication, organizational and budgeting skills
• Follow-up skills
• Personal computer skills; i.e., MS Word, Excel (or Lotus), Purchasing software helpful
• Detail oriented
• Organize and prioritize special project and confidential files
• Minimum of 3 years purchasing experience including prior management of vendor negotiating and bidding processes.
Ross Stores - 7 months ago
Our customers love a great deal. That makes our mission simple: to provide exciting bargains, every day, in every store. It takes an...