Direct Energy is one of North America's largest energy and energy-related services providers with over 5 million residential and commercial relationships. Direct Energy provides customers with choice and support in managing their energy costs through a portfolio of innovative products and services. A subsidiary of Centrica plc, one of the worlds leading integrated energy companies, Direct Energy operates across North America.
We continually seek talented people dedicated to providing fresh thinking in an exciting, evolving industry that's never been more relevant than in today's global marketplace.
Direct Energy was honored with an award for Best Multinational Company in North America, at the 2007 International Business Awards (IBA) in Germany.
Direct Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer AA/F/M/D/V
The Agent Compensation Analyst is responsible for the development and maintenance of the framework required for the processing of vendor commission payments to support various North American sales channels. The candidate will utilize technical specifications and documentation in order to deliver practical enhancements to existing systems, or deliver new solutions that add value to everyday business processes. The Agent Compensation Analyst will also be involved in the execution and audit of multiple vendor compensation pay runs.
- Develop and maintain compensation platforms, financial reporting processes, and operational controls for regions and sales channels across North America
- Coordinate the design and implementation of new comprehensive databases and payroll processes/procedures while adhering to strict deadlines, to support Sales business agenda (introduction of new products, entry into new markets, establishment of new business partners, modification to compensation models)
- Cultivate and maintain productive relationships with various business units; liaise regularly with key stakeholders to obtain the resources required for the development and re-engineering of existing compensation processes, and provide value-added decision support
- Conduct extensive analysis and fulfill various reporting requests for key stakeholders and business units, as required
- Document technical specifications and departmental processes, and successfully transition the support and functionality of new applications/databases to the department
- Analyze test case results using problem-solving techniques, making suggestions for optimization
- Participate in monthly accrual process, by providing data to Finance teams relative to vendor payments
- Create tools to assist with daily departmental responsibilities
- Execute weekly and monthly vendor compensation pay runs, audit commission data to ensure accurate payment information, perform accounting adjustments, and generate/distribute multiple vendor reports
- Manage and maintain commission tables based on compensation criteria outlined in legal vendor contracts
- Identify gaps/discrepancies in customer enrollment process flows to mitigate potential impacts to customer/vendors, and consult with required business units for resolution
- Apply knowledge of market-specific customer acquisition process flows, with the ability to navigate through the various Customer Information Systems (CIS) utilized across North America
- Maintain rigorous control framework by ensuring all established controls and required approval processes are adhered to
- Escalate all issues as required, and report all obstacles to management that impede vendor compensation processes
- Provide ongoing insight into areas of process improvements to increase efficiencies and work load capacity
- Work closely with Internal and External Audit Teams to ensure timely and successful audits/reviews
- Other duties and responsibilities as required
- Bachelors Degree required
- 2-3 years of experience in similar roles
- Preferred candidate will possess demonstrated experience in process engineering, financial auditing and account reconciliation
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office (MS Excel and MS Access), VBA, and SQL
- Experience in interpreting and administering contracts (examples: general contract transaction schedules, master service agreements - MSAs, statements of work - SOWs, service level agreements - SLAs)
- Solid interpersonal and communication skills (written and verbal) and the ability to interact with multiple business units and multiple levels, including senior management
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to effectively identify departmental needs and offer alternative business solutions to key stakeholders
- Must be detail-oriented and deadline-focused with keen attention to accuracy
- Exceptional time-management skills with the ability to thrive in fast-paced, rapidly-changing work environment
- Ability to grasp new concepts readily, prioritize workload, and meet strict timelines
- Ability to take full ownership of assignments and work with minimal supervision
- Knowledge of Direct Energy's customer enrollment processes an asset
Direct Energy - 20 months ago
Centrica is centered on integrated energy operations in the UK and North America through four major brands -- British Gas, Centrica Energy,...