Recruit new ISO/Agent partners and develop strong, mutually beneficial relationships with them. Negotiate buy rates that are advantageous for both Mercury and the Agent and hold them accountable to their potential for new business in order to maintain their negotiated buy rate. In addition, act as their primary point of contact to create strong revenue generation, lead generation, lead to live percentages and prepare them for future success.
Launch ISO/AGENT Sales Efforts:
- Attend trade shows and industry events to recruit new ISO and Agent partners and represent MPS with face to face meetings, as needed
- Primary contact for new ISO/Agent partners
- Drill down into ISO/Agent’s business to fully understand their current competitive landscape, current merchant base and potential for Mercury and set goals accordingly
- Negotiate cost basis and commission payout while maintaining Mercury margin
- Generate new leads and processing merchants with high revenue
- Analyze ISO/Agent commissions to reinforce early success and maintain momentum
- Measure and react to deviations from actual vs. projected metrics based on ISO/Agent profiles and adjust their buy rate as necessary
- Determine opportunity and prepare ISO/Agent for conversion campaigns and 100% penetration of merchant base when appropriate
- Hold bi-annual reviews with each partner to train them to maximize the potential of their portfolio and minimize their attrition
- Actively pursue feedback from our partners on how we can improve our ISO/Agent program
- Work closely and cohesively with SOC’s, SI’s, Credit/Underwriting, Sales Executives, finance, CSM’s
Education and Experience
Bachelors Degree in Business Administration or related field preferred. At least 5 years sales and customer relationship experience required. Internal candidates must have at least 1 year of direct Merchant Sales experience.
In depth knowledge of bankcard industry. Including technology, settlement and interchange and general understanding of Visa and MasterCard regulations. Internal candidates enjoy benefit of understanding Mercury’s unique business model, products and strategic relationships. External candidates considered based on equivalent industry knowledge.
- Strong written and oral communications
- Thorough reading comprehension
- Strong follow up skills
- Ability to multitask
- Proactive troubleshooting, listening and problem solving skills
- Critical thinking using logic and reason
- Excellent time-management skills with the ability to meet deadlines
- Maintain regular and punctual attendance
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to sit for long periods of time
- Ability to interact with a diverse population
- Ability to work on computer for long periods of time
- Ability to accept and evolve with changes in policies and procedures
- Ability to travel up to 25% of the time. Including over weekends.
Mercury Payment Systems - 17 months ago
If you're using your card to charge throughout the heartland, Heartland Payment Systems makes sure the transactions don't get lost...