General Summary: Manages the activities and people associated with the project and the success of that project. Works with user to identify the user s need. Delivers quality systems solutions to business problems. Collaborates with the BSA/BA teams to develop conceptual level requirements in the analysis or solution planning phase. Supports the production environment proactively through tracking management activities. Responsible for the ongoing systems needs of the client/user community. Utilizes formal SDLC to coordinate system development activities; provide project status reports; identify and define user needs; analyze project proposals; develop conceptual systems requirements; develop systems integration requirements; develop systems phasing plan; provide business application consultation; provide problem tracking/management.
Bachelors or Masters Degree in Business, Information Services preferred; four to six years consulting experience preferred.
• Presents project status and related information both verbally and in writing to executive staff, business sponsors and technical staff to ensure that all of IT and its business clients understands current status and the issues effecting success.
• Meets with business management to determine solutions to business problems. Defines project scope and objectives. Develops preliminary project plan and design, determines necessary resources, and project timeline.
• Assigns individual responsibilities and acts as a management resource for project team members.
• Responsible for delivery and success of assigned projects. Optimizes results within business and time constraints. Leads meetings with project team to assess status and resolve issues as they come up.
• Reviews and tracks status of project and deliverables and provides project updates and ongoing cost analysis to IT and business line management. Conducts presentations regarding project status and current issues.
• Provide assistance to IT team members with issues needing technical expertise or complex systems knowledge. Mentor team to improve their understanding and skill and ensure they are familiar with resource materials available. Ensures adherence to project management process and project documentation standards.
• Develops project cost estimates and manages budget throughout projects. Excellent communication skills including presentations and negotiations to Senior IT and Business leaders. Demonstrated ability to craft and present clear, concise and convincing messages appropriately targeted to the specific audience . Demonstrated ability to communicate status and issues effectively both verbally and in writing across all levels of the organization.
• Works on special projects as assigned.
• Bachelor’s degree in Information Systems or related field
• 3-5 years of previous project management experience
• 8-10 years of experience in information systems operations environment in systems analysis or development
• Formal training in project management practices preferred
• Advanced knowledge of project development, including process mapping, budgeting and timeline creation
• Demonstrated ability to coordinate cross-functional work teams toward project completion
• Demonstrated effective leadership and analytical skills
**Agile experience preferred
We recognize people as our most valuable asset. Our competitive salary and benefits package includes: Medical insurance, Dental insurance, 401K, Life Insurance, Disability benefits, prescription drug coverage
Advantage Consulting, Inc. is a premier St. Louis, MO based, IT staffing solutions provider. We can partner with you to find the right job for your career objectives. Whether you are looking for contract work or a long-term home, we will help you make the right move. Be part of a winning team! Employees can take Advantage of the ongoing professional IT training! Our customers also enjoy the benefit of knowing that our consultants are the best! Advantage Consulting, Inc. provides quality IT professionals to our customers such as Developers (Java, C++, .Net, etc.), Business Analysts, Database Administrators, Project Managers, Quality Assurance, Testers, System Administrators, Network Administrators, Technical Writers, Helpdesk Support, and many more. Visit us on the web at www.stladvantage.com
Object Computing Inc. - 22 months ago
copy to clipboard