"INGREDIENTS FOR GROWTH" INTERNAL CAREERS PROGRAM AVAILABLE POSITION DESCRIPTION
Agribusiness Sales Specialist
North Kansas City, MO
Assist in the management of sales and take-away of Agri-Products for the North Kansas City plant. Build customer relationships, develop new customer accounts, and search for new sales opportunities for agri-products while optimizing netbacks.
Sr. Sales Manager – U.S. Agribusiness
No direct reports
- Feed Ingredient Sales – Assist in the Agri-Product sales and marketing activities. Within departmental guidelines, execute sales, negotiate contract terms and assist in or implement Agri-Product sales. Responsible for weekly pricing updates to customers.
- Market Evaluation and Price Forecasting – Participate in determining the best marketing strategies, analyzing consumptive markets, formulation economics, extent of user coverage and nutritional aspects, cost and availability of alternative feed ingredients.
- Corporate Awareness – Understand and comply with Company business ethics and overall policies, and be aware of sensitivity of position regarding market contact with competitors.
A gility and Innovation
- Shipment / Delivery Coordination – Interact and coordinate with Customer Service, Order Coordinators, and Wet Mill managers to ensure accurate shipping instructions and order entry against contract commitments. Maintain an efficient Agri-Product take-away to affect proper grind balance, cost efficiency, and product quality. Enhance benefit to customers via coordination of just-in-time delivery of feed ingredients based on customer timetable, while holding demurrage and other additional expenses to a minimum.
- Administrative – Ensure sales contracts agree with customer confirmations. Monitor and fulfill contractual requirements on truck and rail shipments. Keep records of other details: quality discrepancies, verbal agreements, off-spec shipments and plant events affecting Agri-Product availability.
- Inter-and-Intra-Departmental Coordination – Work with: peers, managers and directors to coordinate sales issues; Logistics department to identify opportunities to reduce freight costs and tailor custom deliveries, ensure proper product take-away and maintain proper inventory turnover; Credit group to ensure timely payment for Agri-Product shipments; Plant Management to work with production and quality variations.
- Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Science in Agricultural Sciences, Agri-Business or equivalent.
- Experience in feed ingredient or grain merchandising, logistics or animal nutrition a plus.
- Prior SAP experience a plus.
- Demonstrated ability to organize, schedule and successfully manage multiple priorities.
- Ability to effectively interface with people from diverse cultural backgrounds and across functional groups.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills along with presentation proficiency.
- Proven proficiency in Microsoft Software Programs, (i.e., Excel, Access, Word)
- Self-starter with strong time management skills.
- Demonstrates a positive attitude and willingness to learn while striving to achieve goals.
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
Yes – Relocation Within Country Considered
To be considered for this opportunity, please click " Apply " to submit your employee profile for consideration. It is recommended that you have a discussion about your interest in the position with your manager prior to applying. Once you apply, your qualifications will be reviewed against the selection criteria for the position and department needs. You will then receive hiring process feedback from your local HR representative. Please contact your local HR representative with questions.
Ingredion - 23 months ago
copy to clipboard
Ingredion Incorporated (NYSE:INGR) is a leading global ingredients solutions provider specializing in nature-based sweeteners, starches and...