Credit Analysts are accountable as a resource person to portfolio lending staff for the development and servicing of loan and lease packages. Responsibilities include:
1. Gathering, analyzing and developing credit information to enable the loan officer to determine eligibility of loan and lease requests for existing and prospective customers.
2. Initiating underwriting requests, reviewing credit packages for thoroughness and compliance with Association underwriting standards, loan servicing plans, financial statement reporting requirements and regulatory compliance.
3. Completing underwriting documents including historical and pro forma balance sheets and income projections, budgets and cash flows, chattel abstracts, credit analysis forms, trend sheets, pricing and risk rating matrix and other forms as required.
4. Compiling the completed credit package and submitting to the loan officer for analysis and action.
5. Preparing the credit package for legal documentation and in some cases recommending documentation requirements.
6. Gathering and analyzing periodic borrower reporting items and preparing reports for loan officer review.
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent education and work experience in business, agricultural economics, finance or closely related field. Desirable education/experience includes tax accounting, financial statement analysis, business law, real estate and agricultural economics.