Monsanto is seeking an exceptionally talented scientist to become an integral member of our multidisciplinary Chemistry Organization as an Agrochemical Formulations Chemist. This role will have responsibility for the development of new and improved flowable based agrochemical formulations designed for use as seed treatments. The primary focus will be on conducting experimental work driving product development through the application of formulation & delivery sciences.
- Design, prepare, and test new and improved seed treatment product formulations.
- Coordinate activities with the Monsanto R & D team (analytical chemists, biologists, agronomists, statisticians).
- Interface with Research as well as Business, Manufacturing, Marketing, Regulatory and Quality functions regarding project updates and product advancement.
- Act as a liaison with internal and external customers and provide technical reports and presentations to diverse audiences.
- Limited travel to Monsanto field testing and manufacturing sites to support testing and commercialization of products and formulations may be required.
- MS in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering or related field of study.
- 5+ years relevant experience in seed treatment formulation development or related agricultural formulations development
- Understanding of complex formulation mixtures and their physical characterization
- Experience with physical properties testing of both concentrated formulations and complex mixtures, including the determination of aging and stability characteristics, particle size, various rheological properties, flow and stability characteristics, etc.
- Strong scientific leadership skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work on cross-functional and international teams and to prioritize and manage the demands from multiple projects.
- Ph. D. in Chemistry, Colloid Chemistry, Materials Science, Polymer Science, Chemical Engineering or related field of study.
- Background in the evaluation and characterization of surfactants, emulsifiers, or formulation adjuvants.
- Experience with product formulation, emulsions, coatings, or process development and scale-up.
- Knowledge of experimental design and statistical methods.