Responsible for the operation of and performs repairs, service, and preventative maintenance on air conditioning, heating, refrigeration, and related systems at the College.
1. High school diploma or equivalent.
2. Experience in one or more of the following fields is required: Energy Management systems, heating and air conditioning, plumbing, electrical, and/or temperature control systems.
3. Valid Florida driver's license [required].
4. Refrigerant Recovery Certification [required].
5. The College anticipates that the person filling this position will need to be available throughout the workday and, on some occasions, after regular work hours. Therefore, as a condition of employment, the incumbent is expected to be available by cell phone and is required to provide their current cell phone number to the Human Resources Department and to their immediate supervisor.
6. A demonstrated commitment to diversity.
7. Acceptable eyesight (with/without correction aid).
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
1. Knowledge of all types of heating and air conditioning systems, plumbing, electronic, electrical, and temperature control.
2. Knowledge of the occupational hazards and safety precautions of the work.
3. Ability to read, interpret, and work from blue prints, wiring diagrams, specifications, and operating manuals.
4. Knowledge of construction, assembly, adjustment, and maintenance of a wide variety of equipment.
5. Knowledge of all types of shop tools, meters, and other required equipment used in the trade.
6. Knowledge of the practices, methods, materials, and tools community utilized in the repair and services of refrigeration equipment.
7. Ability to work effectively in a diverse community and meet the needs of diverse student populations.
Career Service Grade 10
$31,784 per year
Minimum Physical Qualifications
Incumbent should be able to stand for a long period of time when necessary for this position.
Initial Work Schedule/Location:
West Campus,Tuesday through Saturday 11:30 am to 8:00 pm. Saturday from 6:00 am to 2:30 pm.
Education & Experience:
Higher education facilities experience is preferred, minimum High School diploma or equivalent.
Essential Job Functions:
1. Services and maintains refrigeration, heating, and air conditioning systems by determining malfunction and replacing or repairing defective parts or components.
2. Installs air conditioning units or removes and replaces existing units as required. Troubleshoots and makes necessary repairs, replaces compressors, fan motors, and charge units. Services and repairs air compressors.
3. Performs preventative maintenance on heating and air conditioning systems and other campus appliances and equipment.
4. Changes filters on air conditioners; performs plumbing and electrical repairs on heating and air conditioning and other mechanical systems as required.
5. Operates and maintains any other mechanical systems or equipment on campuses and assists in plumbing installations.
6. Performs other work found in the maintenance technician's classification as required.
7. Other duties as assigned.
Licenses, Certifications, or Registrations:
If available,list all pertinent licenses,certificates or registrations pertaining to HVAC,EMS and facilities maintenance.
Special Instructions to Applicants
For consideration, the following are required: A completed on-line Valencia College employment application and a resume must be submitted in order to be considered. The documents must be attached at the time of application.
During the online application process, you will be required to provide a response to specific questions to complete the application process.
All letters of reference must be attached at the time of application.
The size of your documents must be less than 2 MB in MS Word or PDF format.
Valencia College - 17 months ago