Job descriptions are intended to present a general list of tasks/duties performed by employees within this job classification. Job Descriptions are not intended to reflect all duties performed within the job.
Perform a variety of highly responsible and complex support functions for the Albuquerque-Bernalillo County Air Quality Control Board and the Control Strategies Section of the Air Quality Division; coordinate and have primary responsibility for board meeting preparation, documentation and record keeping; act in the capacity of hearing clerk for regulation hearings as well as appeals hearings; participate in the regulation development process; ultimately become trained in drafting and processing regulations; maintain and observe various process deadlines and notice requirements and serve as a central contact for the public, other governmental agencies, service providers and the private sector regarding air quality issues and regulations.
Minimum Education, Experience And Additional Requirements:
Related education and experience may be interchangeable on a year for year basis.
Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university in environmental science, public health, planning, law, business or a related field, plus three (3) years of administrative and/or legal support experience. Experience supporting environmental health, environmental science or public health programs preferred.
Possession of a New Mexico Driver's License (Class D) or the ability to obtain by date of hire.
Possession of a City Operator's Permit (COP) within 6 months from date of hire.
- Legal support methods and techniques
- Principles and procedures of record keeping
- Principles of business letter writing and basic report preparation
- Principles and methods of communications and public speaking
- Standard legal references and their content
- Methods of research, case analysis and report preparation
- English usage, spelling, grammar and punctuation
- Modern office procedures, methods and equipment including computers
- Pertinent Federal, State and local laws, codes, ordinances and regulations pertaining to area of assignment
Preferred Skills & Abilities:
- Provide responsible support to the Air Quality Control Board
- Organize and maintain files and records
- Coordinate and support public meetings
- Respond to requests and inquiries from the general public
- Prepare documents, correspondence, etc.
- Draft, prepare distribute, post and publish a variety of legal documents, such as legal ads, public notices
- Research and compile data on a variety of issues
- Maintain confidentiality regarding work of a legal nature
- Understand and follow oral and written instructions
- Work independently in the absence of supervision
- Communicate clearly and concisely
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with those contacted in the course of work
- Perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation
- Work varied hours and days as needed
City of Albuquerque - 12 months ago