Edge Engineering & Science, LLC (EDGE) is a privately owned professional services firm headquartered in Houston, Texas. EDGE was established with the primary goal of providing high quality environmental engineering and scientific consulting services to the oil and gas, energy, chemical and manufacturing industry sectors.
Our uniquely qualified staff of engineers and scientists has assisted clients on projects all across North America. Consequently, we have the knowledge and technical expertise to provide a variety of environmental services including the citing and permitting of transportation and energy infrastructure projects, conducting environmental engineering and scientific evaluations, performing federal and state regulatory requirements reviews, strengthening operating compliance programs, conducting compliance auditing and due diligence support, and developing and executing computer based impacts evaluations.
Air Quality Specialist
We are searching for an Engineer with air permitting and compliance experience to contribute to the growth and success of our HOUSTON, TEXAS or BATON ROUGE, LOUISIANA office. With a mixture of field and office work, this position requires well-developed communication and cognitive skills and a desire to work in a team-oriented environment. This is an excellent opportunity to join a growing, dynamic environmental engineering consulting firm. You will perform the technical, regulatory, and project management aspects related to air quality permitting and regulatory compliance projects associated with a variety of industry operations located throughout the United States, but with an emphasis in the Gulf Coast Region.
- Prepare emission estimates based on site specific information using approved state and federal calculation methodologies
- Prepare annual emissions inventories
- Supervise project team(s) and oversee the production of deliverables on time and within budget
- Develop monthly, quarterly, semi-annual, and annual compliance reports
- Prepare technically-detailed air permit applications/registrations for submittal to federal and state agencies
- Conduct federal and state air quality regulatory reviews and assist in strategy development
- Evaluate air pollution control technologies, including economic and technical feasibility of air pollution control equipment
- Conduct air dispersion modeling analyses
- Correspond with federal, state, and local regulatory agencies
- Work within quality/budget/schedule expectations and scope-specific assignments
- Prepare and monitor project budgets to ensure invoicing accuracy
- Bachelors of Science degree in Engineering; Masters of Science degree in Engineering strongly preferred
- 3 years of experience in air permitting, air quality, or a related field
- Must be authorized to work in the United States
- Demonstrated supervision and leadership skills
- Demonstrated ability to perform business development and sales is advantageous, but not required
- Excellent oral and written communication style
- Ability to multi-task under tight schedule constraints
- Expertise in developing and maintaining spreadsheets and databases to track operating and emissions data
- Working knowledge of federal, state, and local air quality permitting programs and related regulations
- Working knowledge of air dispersion modeling and models is a plus
- Professional certification (or actions underway to obtain these credentials) in engineering or related environmental discipline a plus
We strive to provide a collaborative, creative environment where each person feels encouraged to contribute to our processes, decisions, planning and culture. To be selected for this position, the candidate must possess exceptional interpersonal skills and outstanding oral and written communication skills allowing positive internal, client, and contractor relationships. Excellent technical writing skills for environmental permit applications and reports are required, as are outstanding problem-solving abilities. The selected candidate will demonstrate passion for the business of environmental consulting, technical excellence and quality, leadership potential, a commitment to lifelong learning and growth, and the desire to build a long and rewarding career with EDGE.
We offer excellent compensation packages commensurate with experience. We provide comprehensive employee benefits including medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, an employer matched 401(k) plan, bonus plan, and profit-sharing.
To respond to this opportunity, please go to:
Insperity - 19 months ago