About TSTC :
TSTC is the only state-supported technical college system in Texas. TSTC’s statewide role and mission is to efficiently and effectively help Texas meet the high-tech challenges of today’s global economy, in partnership with business and industry, government agencies, and other educational institutions. If this is a mission you could support and help TSTC achieve, please complete our application process.
Position Overview :
Air Traffic Control Specialists (ATCS) control air traffic on and within the vicinity of the airport according to established procedures and policies to prevent collisions and minimize delays arising from traffic congestion. The incumbent is responsible for the safe, orderly and expeditious movement of air traffic through the nation's airspace.
Essential Function :
- Answer radio calls from arriving and departing aircraft and providing:
- Landing / take off instructions
- Issuing information such as runway to use, wind velocity and direction, visibility, taxiing instructions, and pertinent data on other aircraft operating in vicinity.
- Air traffic clearances
Minimum Qualifications :
- Provide information based on their own observations and information for National Weather Service, IFR control facilities, flight service stations, pilots and other sources
- Receiving and disseminating weather observations at Limited Aviation Weather Reporting Station (LAWRS) or Supplemental Aviation Weather Reporting Station (SAWRS) facilities
- Transferring control of aircraft to receiving facilities when aircraft leave their airspace, and receiving control of aircraft coming into their airspace
- Alerting airport emergency crews and other designated personnel when aircraft are having flight difficulties
- Coordinating and issuing instructions to airport vehicles and personnel
- Maintaining and disseminating records of daily operations
- At least two years with CTO certificate with a facility rating
- Excellent public speaking skills and ability to make effective presentations on a variety of work-related topics on a regular basis
- Ability to function independently in a multi-task environment, as well as functioning as part of a team, and ability to perform duties with minimal direction
- Control Tower Operator (CTO) Airmen Certificate
- Current FAA Class II Medical Certificate (FAA Form 8500-9)
Annual Salary : DOE
Texas State Technical College - 17 months ago