Primary Operational Objectives:
The Aircraft Interior Technician will perform installation and fabrication work on pieces found within and airplane’s interior.
Essential Job Functions:
• Sew, fabricate and install covers, curtains and various assemblies in the aircraft interior while meeting safety, productivity standards and goals.
• Ability to measure, pattern, cut, edge and install all types of floor coverings such as carpets, vinyl coverings and step materials.
• Stripping and covering panels (all soft goods in aircraft).
• Qualified to apply industrial coatings to seat, panel and other various surfaces.
• Responsible to repair and refinish plastic components.
• Interpret material specifications and design/engineering drawings to ensure finished product meets design and engineering requirements.
• Maintain an orderly and safe environment.
• Responsible to follow and comply with all safety rules and regulations.
• Meet Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) standards.
• High school diploma or GED preferred
• Four years’ experience in aircraft upholstery preferred
• Interior design background helpful
• Knowledge of working with all types of leather
• Excellent customer service skills
• Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
• Ability to prioritize and complete multiple tasks simultaneously
• Ability to solve problems with minimal supervision
• Exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail
• Previous experience working with parts ordering a plus
• Advanced knowledge of upholstery and sewing processes and products a plus
• Ability to sit or stand for long periods of time
• Ability to lift/carry up to 75lbs
• Required to have visual acuity to determine the accuracy, neatness, and thoroughness of the work assigned.
• Ability to use fingers for picking, pinching, using tools, and typing.
EEO/AAP/Drug Free Workplace