Perform structural assembly and fastener installation of components and assemblies. Assure quality conformance to company/customer requirements and specifications. Responsible for assuring final quality acceptance of installations, configuration and operational response of mechanical systems, structures, components and controls.
• Work from engineering drawings, blueprints, quality procedures, work instructions, specifications and verbal instructions.
• Perform a variety of fastener installation and structural assemble operations.
• Perform fitting and rework operations and prepare and maintain necessary documentation and records.
• Maintain acceptable rating as defined on the Aircraft Mechanic Performance Matrix.
• Adhere to all applicable safety and operational procedures and directives.
• Assist and instruct lower classified assemblers.
• Bring to the attention of supervision all malfunctions, defects and damages of equipment, material and product.
• May be required to work in other fields incidental to, and in connection with, completion of assignment.
• May be required to perform other duties as required.
• Keep work area clean and orderly.
The successful candidate will typically have a High School Diploma or Equivalent; plus vocational or similar training, including shop math to interpret and work from engineering drawings, manufacturing specifications and procedures, work orders and verbal instructions.
• Minimum five (5) years of experience in all phases of structural assembly/inspection operations
• Must be qualified in blueprint reading and understand fabrication techniques and process specifications.
• Must satisfactorily complete all job related certifications and qualification requirements.
• Must be familiar with shop routines, the use of hand tools, power tools, precision measuring instrument and other shop equipment and have a basic understanding of tooling techniques.
• Required to fully understand quality documentation requirements.
***Minimum five (5) years experience in all phases of structural assembly/inspection operations.***
Triumph Group, Inc. - 2 years ago