Candidate will be required to have experience with FAA design assurance levels of functional hazards, and a thorough knowledge of Aircraft Systems, System Engineering / Design processes, and Applied FAA System Safety Analyses and Reliability Assessment processes.
PRIMARY SYSTEM DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: (Duties and responsibilities which occupy a major portion of time and importance in the job. Incumbent(s) perform one or more of the following duties.)
1. Manage Trade Studies concerned with the project System requirements for design, production, integration, operation, maintenance and test of highly complex systems, equipment and components. Analyzes and provides inputs to all review cycles / boards. Prepares and presents original design material required to substantiate the intent of this paragraph.
2. Supports Research and Evaluation of highly complex technical: analyses, reports, specifications, ICDs, and project related engineering data, to determine feasibility, compliance, proposed conceptual design performance as applied to product high and low level product requirements. Supports cost /schedule / vendor performance reporting related to project engineering, parts acquisition, operational requirements, maintenance and training. Provides and conducts / coordination between project engineering disciplines, and performs associated design reviews / issue reporting that may impact cost, schedule, and safety.
3. Reviews and / or Analyzes test plans and procedures for highly complex aeronautical systems to assure that technical and operational requirements are met and properly demonstrated. Participates in, and / or conducts, test activities related verification of design and validation of models and analyses. Coordinates related test requirements with other necessary tests and project direction for prototype, SIL, ground, and flight tests. Reviews test documentation for completeness and applicability to assure product integrity and meet all safety requirements. Prepares recommendations and corrective action requirements reports.
4. Participates in Design and Analyses for associated product requirements and participates in project planning, development, and system integration.
5. Supports and Coordinates: engineering change proposals / orders, trouble and failure reports, and corrective action reports. Provides recommendations for design / product improvement and participates on engineering change review boards Required Education and Required Experience:
Minimum Qualifications is any of the following:
PhD Degree and 4 year(s) related experience
Masters Degree and 6 year(s) related experience
Bachelors Degree and 8 year(s) related experience
REQUIREMENTS OF THE POSITION:
Must have experience with FAA design assurance levels of functional hazards, and a thorough knowledge of Aircraft Systems, System Engineering / Design processes, and Applied FAA System Safety Analyses and Reliability Assessment processes.
System Safety and Reliability Analyses will be for new aircraft development and system requirements include; Controls, displays, system architecture, functional / operational characteristics, integration, installation, and test. In addition, to apply knowledge of, and analytical experience with, highly complex transport category aircraft systems that may include: hydraulic, pneumatic, electrical, fuel, flight controls, and landing gear (including brakes and steering) systems.
Functional Requirements: to work with the program manager, project engineer, and the customer to review and present designs for planning, development, integration, and testing for production / manufacturing with related process documentation.
BAE Systems is a premier global defense, aerospace and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services.
The Support Solutions (S2) sector provides a wide range of products and services, including engineering, systems integration, ship repair, and readiness & sustainment for military and commercial customers throughout the product life cycle, anywhere around the world.
Core capabilities include:
• Expertise as a leading provider of non-nuclear ship repair and overhaul services
• Sustainment services to extend the viability of existing land and maritime platforms at home and in theater, while modernizing to meet evolving threats
• Experienced partner providing seamless, onsite management of military and government customer operations
• High-volume producer of protective and load-carrying gear for military personnel
People are the greatest asset in any Company. BAE Systems is committed to a high performance culture and provides an environment that challenges our employees to be remarkable and obtain their full potential.
We are an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer that understands the value of diversity and its impact on a high performance culture.
BAE Systems - 15 months ago
BAE Systems is the premier trans-Atlantic defense and aerospace company, delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and...