The purpose of this position is to maintain the interior and exterior of City facilities and grounds. This is accomplished by performing routine maintenance on the interior and exterior of buildings; and maintaining grounds. Other duties include assisting other divisions as needed; and interacting with other City employees and citizens.
Starting salary range: $10.70 - $17.12 per hour
Skills / Requirements
- Maintains the interior of facilities by painting walls; vacuuming and cleaning carpets; buffing and mopping floors; assembling furniture; dusting and polishing furniture; removing trash; moving furniture; and replacing interior lights.
- Maintains the exterior of facilities by sweeping sidewalks; using the pressure washer to clean outside walls and sidewalks; remove litter, debris, and trash; mowing lawns; replacing exterior lights; and the removal of graffiti.
- Maintains grounds by picking up litter; cleaning and repairing restrooms; emptying trash barrels; maintaining athletic fields; mowing grass; trimming trees; planting shrubs and flowers; and maintaining turf.
- Provides customer service to the public by providing information as requested; and ensuring the security of guests.
- Work requires the ability to read and understand written instructions, to understand simple processes and the routine operation of machines. Level of knowledge equivalent to less than high school or equivalency.
- Experience: Under and including one year.
- Valid Texas Class C Driver's License
- Ability to recognize meaning of common two- or three-syllable words. Ordinarily, such education is obtained in elementary school up to high school. However, it may be obtained from experience and self-study.
- Ability to perform the four basic arithmetic operations. Ordinarily, such education is obtained in elementary school up to high school. However, it may be obtained from experience and self-study.
- Ability to write simple sentences containing subject, verb, and object, and/or series of numbers, names, and addresses. Ordinarily, such education is obtained in elementary school up to high school. However, it may be obtained from experience and self-study.
- Receives immediate direction: The employee normally performs the duty assignment after receiving detailed instructions as to methods, procedures, and desired end results with little room for deviation. Close and constant review is given.
- Normal tasks require use of definite procedures, with little deviation. Work requires little or no analysis or judgment.
- Discussion Occasional: 20% or less of work time.
Please click on the link below to apply for this or any other position. A new window will open and direct you to our log in page. After creating an account make sure to re-locate the position you wish to apply for and submit a resume. You can also sign up to receive periodic job updates. We look forward to hearing from you!
- This position is a part-time position working 10-19 hours per week. The ideal work schedule for this position is Mon-Tues 4-8, Wed 4-7, and Sat-Sun 8-12.
- Must have basic knowledge of hand and power tools, be able to lift up to 50 lbs, be able to clean restrooms/toilets on a daily basis.
- Must be able to work weekends and to communicate clearly with our control tower.
City of Grand Prairie - 15 months ago