The Metropolitan Airports Commission (MAC) is interested in filling multiple Airport Maintenance Worker positions. The status of these positions is ' Seasonal '. These positions are subject to the terms and conditions of the collective bargaining agreement between the Teamsters, Local 320 and the MAC.
Anticipated Start: mid-October, 2013
Anticipated Hours: 10:30 p.m. - 7:00 a.m.
Perform routine field maintenance in all areas of the airport and in various phases of work involved. Duties include snow and ice control, bituminous and concrete surface repairs, fencing, signage, pollution control, trash collection and general cleanup on air operational areas and public areas on the airport. Operate equipment including trucks, sweepers, tractors, mowers, snow plows, snow blowers, sanders and liquid chemical vehicles, concrete saws, jack-hammers, and other related maintenance equipment. Perform all other duties assigned by working foremen, assistant managers, or managers of Field Maintenance.
To apply : click the "Apply" link located just above the position description, log-in and follow the instructions provided.
Questions regarding this position can be directed to Kristie Teasley @ 612-794-9151 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications will be accepted until 3:00 p.m. Thursday, August 22, 2013
Minnesota Government Data Practices Act
The Metropolitan Airports Commission (MAC) collects information from applicants for the purposes of determining employment suitability. Applicants are not legally required to provide the requested information. However, information not provided, other than race, gender, or disability, may prevent MAC from being able to consider the application or determine the applicant's suitability for the position.
The information collected may be classified as public or private data under the MGDPA. "Public" means that data is available upon request. "Private" means the data is only available to the person the information is about, and to those who must see it in the course of conducting MAC business and as otherwise provided for by law.
MAC complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act. If an accommodation is required for you to participate in the application process because of a disability or you have questions regarding the application process, contact Anita Bellant at 612-726-8196 or
MAC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, gender, age, nationality, or disability.
Snow and Ice Removal
- Perform snow and ice control operations within the airport security area, Air Operations Area and in public areas.
- Operate snow plows, snow blowers, tractors, sanders, liquid chemical dispensing vehicles and snow hauling vehicles.
- Perform manual snow removal operations.
Bituminous and Concrete Repair
- Perform a variety of landscaping and turf management duties.
- Seed, sod, fertilize and water turf areas.
- Perform grading and fill ruts and other depressions in turf areas.
- Apply weed control chemicals, operate weed whips and back-pack blowers.
- Operate diesel-powered tractors with mower attachments, small tractors, riding mowers and other powered landscaping equipment.
- Plant trees, shrubs and flowering plants.
- Cut and trim trees and shrubs.
- Install ornamental landscaping fixtures.
Fence, Sign and Gate Construction and Maintenance
- Perform bituminous and concrete repairs on runways, taxiways, aircraft aprons, parking ramps, parking lots, sidewalks, roadways and other public areas.
- Pour concrete for repair of sewers, drains, catch basins and larger concrete repairs.
- Perform brick or block work as needed.
- Perform joint seal repairs including sawing, routing and installation of hot-application joint seal material.
- Provide traffic control at work sites.
General Airport Cleaning
- Install, assemble, cut and repair chain-link fence, barbed wire and sliding gate sections, both manual and electric type.
- Install, repair and replace signage, sign posts and other support structures.
- Operate power sweepers for cleaning of runways, taxiways, aircraft parking aprons, parking lots, roadways, and other public areas.
- Operate back pack blowers, power washers, vacuums and other equipment used in cleaning airside and public areas, including the use of all appropriate safety equipment.
- Perform rubbish and trash removal, including manual collection as required.
- Empty trash receptacles and transfer debris to dumpsters or disposal sites as directed.
- Perform inspections of drainage systems and check operation of storm water control equipment.
- Install and replace absorbent collection devices at appropriate locations.
- Assist in containing and recovering fuel spills, oil spills and other pollutants on airport surfaces or near airport rivers, lakes, streams and catch basins.
- Assist the trades and contract personnel.
- Perform parts pick-up and delivery and assist in equipment maintenance, cleaning and care.
- Operate mobile and base-station radio equipment.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
MAC Core Competency Requirements :
Minimum Requirements :
- Perform work in a safe, secure and ethical manner.
- Consistently practice cooperative, positive and flexible work habits and accept accountability for job responsibilities.
- Use effective interpersonal skills to develop positive work relationships and successfully work within a team-oriented environment.
- Use good communication skills within and between work groups.
- Comply with required work schedules.
- Complete work assignments in an accurate and neat manner.
- Produce required volume of work within assigned deadlines.
- Provide good internal/external customer service.
- Comply with all MAC policies and procedures.
Desirable Requirements :
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Possession of a valid state issued commercial driver’s license (CDL) or the procurement of a CDL within 30 days of contingent offer of employment
- Ability to perform physical labor for extended periods including shoveling, carrying, etc.
- Ability to lift, carry and position up to 50 pounds
- Ability to work outdoors under severe and varying weather conditions for extended periods of time
- Ability to pass a criminal history and employment background check
- Two years of professional work experience in operating commercial-rated vehicles
- Two years of professional work experience in paved surface repair work
- Previous field maintenance experience in an airport environment
- Previous professional work experience in snow removal using a variety of snow removal equipment
- Professional work experience in landscaping or grounds maintenance
- Professional work experience in concrete or masonry work
- Professional work experience in operating heavy equipment
- Experience in the use of two-way radio equipment
- Excellent oral communication skills
- Ability to report to work within 60 minutes
- State certified in chemical applications
Metropolitan Airports Commission - 13 months ago